Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jan Not Taking Glacier Smelt

catharborcatharbor
Mabinogi Rep: 970
edited February 4, 2018 in Help
I have more than 90 Glacier Smelt, but when I go to Jan, all he takes is the regular smelt. I even put the regular smelt in a pet storage so there would be no confusion but a) Jan still took the regular smelt, b) it didn't reduce the amount of regular smelt I had and c) the NPC still wouldn't take the glacier smelt. Help.

Comments

• catharborcatharbor
    Correction, Jan took Glacier Smelt instead of regular smelt, so I got the daily smelt prize but didn't get the title for bringing in 90 glacier smelt and now I have to replace the glacier smelt the npc took. Double help.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Make sure he didn't complete two quests at once, and that you didn't actually get the title or neglect to click finish on the quest. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
  • catharborcatharbor
    +Shadoe, thanks but nope he didn't finish two quests at once; the Phishy Phobia still says that I have to give Jan 90 smelt for the title, it's not X'd and I don't have the title - rats. Anyone have any other ideas?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
    edited February 4, 2018
    Are you sure you didn't finish one of the earlier quests? I know there's one for 30 and then 50 glacier smelt prior to the 90 one. You have to do them in order, so if you haven't done either of those, that might be what's going on.

For the 30 glacier smelt you get Golden EXP Fruit and then for the 50 you get an Ice Fishing Rod.

If not, try relogging and see if that helps.
  • catharborcatharbor
    +Leinei, yes, I got the prize for the 30 glacier smelt and the prize for the 50 glacier smelt (using the ice pole!). As far as relogging, I had the 90 glacier smelt last night and Jan wouldn't take it; so I tried again this morning. The npc reduced the number of glacier smelt I had and completed the Smelt It quest. So now I am fishing to replace the glacier smelt that the npc took.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
    That's really weird. I've only had Jan take my regular Smelt unless I had the full 90 Glacier Smelt. When does the quest reset?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Leinei wrote: »
    That's really weird. I've only had Jan take my regular Smelt unless I had the full 90 Glacier Smelt. When does the quest reset?

The 10 smelt quest resets 7AM PDT (10AM EST)
    The other quest doesn't have a reset as it is cumulative. You just have to make sure you get the daily smelt out of the way and talk to him again so that he takes the glacial one. The progress bar should show where you are at. The way I see it is that there is more than enough bait and time to get the last few baits since this weekend has been giving 100+ 70+30 for Sat and Sunday...so 400 baits this weekend to go through. It's rather tedious but still do-able.

Hope the NPC doesn't take another set...make sure to take screen shots and then submit if it happens again.
  • catharborcatharbor
    I'm going to try again after I've replaced the glacier smelt Jan took instead of the regular smelt. I am going to make sure I have no regular smelt anywhere in my inventory. (though that should have worked if I had stored regular smelt on a pet - we'll see).
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Jan only takes 10 regular smelt so even if it took the glacial ones...it should have only been 10 for that requirement. It is hard to figure which is regular smelt and which is glacial since they look similar with a tinge of redness. Anyways, best of luck. I know the cost of glacial smelts are pretty steep for those with lower rank fishing.
  • catharborcatharbor
    Success - be sure you approach Jan without any regular smelt!