Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Give us the ability to make SE potions in game OR

ArjuneArjune
Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
edited January 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Now that there is harder content in game (rabbie phantasm, alban knight training, etc), many people have to rely on waiting for potion events to be able to run them. The problem is that even with potion lore, using potions that aren't SE type will pot poison you after a bit of use-- especially if you have to use 300 pots because those monsters hit so hard. At this point you have the option of eating a bunch of poisonous mushroom stew (and get fat) or give up on the dungeon because your stats are completely zero'd out.

My suggestion is either to do 1 of 2 things:

1) Allow us to craft SE potions with potion making... even if it requires us to be in talent

or

2) Allow us to make bottled hot spring (healing springs) water to heal our pot poisoning quickly at any time

IGN: Darvy
Server: Mari

SunbeamtheGreat
  1. Do you think this is a good idea?9 votes
    1. yes
       78% (7 votes)
    2. no
       11% (1 vote)
    3. Other (explain in thread comments)
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I would say that potion making needs an overhaul. Before the previous forums went to oblivion I'd made a suggestion where Honey would be utilized as a potential healing ingredient. However, as a result of us getting stronger and stronger, the limit to where Pot Poisoning begins to occur should also be altered due to the aforementioned reasoning that it's an annoyance. Give us an antidote for that as well as that nasty Girgashiy Poisoning that there's currently no cure for.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'd love to be able to craft RE potions.

I'd also like to be able to craft SE potions, as well.

And on that thought, I'd ALSO like all recovery-type potions to be able to stack to 50, not just SE.

Bottled Healing Spring Water...
    You said you'd want it to be a cure for potion poisoning.
    That's a nice idea on its own, but I think it'd also make for a decent material to create RE potions.

Something like Bottled Healing Spring Water + 10x potions = 10x RE potions
    I figure HP50 + BHSW = HP50 RE.
    And likewise for 100 and 300 kind.

But then I draw blanks for what you'd use to make 500 or 1000 types, since potions that big seem to be exclusive to RE/SE series of potions.
    Could always add recipes for basic potions of that size, lol!

At any rate, until then, once you run out of RE/SE potions, I guess you'll have to carry Poisonous Mushroom Stew around to help combat the toxicity.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 23, 2017
    a friend of mine tried to solo phantasm for the phantasm breaker title the other night... he took with him over 60 of the posionous mushroom stews and still ended up having to leave the dungeon because he ran out of the stews 2 rooms before the 2nd floor and his str was 0 from being severely pot poisoned. I felt bad for him, and I think that's ridiculous that we can get pot poisoned that fast in the first place
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I completely agree with this. However, I don't think that making them at an early rank is a good idea so Maybe starting at rank 5 or 3 potion making you can start making SE potions, but I would love to make them. It would make potion making usable again since I find no one really uses it anymore.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 23, 2017
    Perhaps rather than making the RE/SE potions (which would on its' own be nice) they could tweak potion lore to decrease the toxicity more than it already does? On the flip side, could always make RE/SE potions specific to be made only by those of the medicine talent. This could add more of a balance to the idea really alongside making them potentially tradeable.
  • MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    I think this is a great idea honestly... I have a lot of friends who can be using SE potions to avoid pot poisoning. I honestly can use more SE potions as well. :) If we could craft SE potions I would love to craft them right now when I have free time. :D