Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Customizing Skill Animations

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
edited January 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I believe it would be great to have the option of customizing our character animations, whether they be attacking, using Life skills or even just the idle combat pose. Take example on Archer's fighting style with Gan Jiang and Mo Ye during the Fate/Servants event as opposed to standard dual-wielding.

I personally see it as another tab of the Dressing Room, where one could select from a few animation options for their current equipment set. Moreover, some options would have to be unlocked (for example, reaching Sword Mastery Rank 1 unlocks a unique attacking animation) and others, purchased.

I understand how demanding such a change would be, but I believe it would enhance the idea of a personal "fantasy life" that makes Mabinogi so unique.

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    edited January 23, 2017
    I would want this a lot. I find the idea of different animations for skills to be fun. Plus unlocking them or buying them is not a bad idea. Maybe have some of them unlock after having reached Master in a talent as well?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Speaking of customizing animations for things, and also unlocking them...

If you've read that thread in General, about the Memento update, then the "Battle Dance" skill that came with that update is sort of like what you're proposing.
    The skill's appearance/animation can be customized in two ways, the dance animation itself, and a visual effect your character gives off.
    You start with a default animation and effect, but can unlock different dances/visual effects through the use of coupons that drop from the new content from Memento.
    They don't change the actual effect of the skill, and are just cosmetic differences.

You probably want such a system for more than just a single skill of course, but that's what this thread made me think of.