Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Returned Gear stinks.

OvernOvern
Mabinogi Rep: 535
edited April 21, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I get developers not wanting people selling off easily earned gear to people, or handing off "decent".. eh.. more like Usable items to new players.. or whatever else..

But you can't even store the items on pets so what's even the point in returned seals? They're actually useless to returning players who likely have decent gear already (considering the outfit options are pretty bad both in terms of stats and looks, at least for males, and the weapons range from.. "oh, this is.. a thing" to "oh, his is neat"). I figured there should be.. some.. use for these and thought it'd be neat idea to stock on cheap items for future use, such as getting a pair of knuckles, Duel Guns and a lance as I don't actually have a decent.. any of those.

However.. They can't be placed on pets, making them a waste of space for anyone intending to do future planning when they go through the returned questline.. which is what the returned stuff is all about since you're supposed to be getting back into the game.. planning on how you're going to continue. Thus far, the Title is the only thing of any worth.. and it doesn't even last the 90 days that the rental gear does. It lasts 20, to my knowledge.. and it only really helps you in the moments it lasts. The 2x exp & training is a godsend, but for someone returning to the game.. it's very difficult to reap half of the benefits when you're around "Master" level in a talent.. and when there's always a new event running. Plus.. irl stuff.

I wanted to get into the magic crafting/hylien engineering stuff, but there is no rebirth "talent" which corresponds to those two crafting methods.. I was hoping that after I'd dealt with my combat stuff I'd work on one of those in order to get better gear.. and maybe enter the market.. but I'm not even close to being done.. and I've got 2 days left on the title. Not playing for 90 days just to get the title again is also.. not really an option. If possible, it would be nice if the returned title was either lengthened, had child titles that could be accessed after it expired.. that perhaps were less effective.. i.e; the Returned -> [Insert title covering someone who's returned for 20+ days, maybe something like "Homesick"], which would either only give 2x exp or skill training (No everyone else in the party gets 1.5x shenanigans), or give 1.5x in both, likely increasing less stats.. or no stats at all.

If that's a dumb idea, could make it that they have to complete the returned incentive before the title expires to earn the title.. or just give those crafting things, and their gathering methods their own talent to rebirth into so they aren't old-school blacksmithing difficult to train.. or just.. you know.. make them easier to train rank 9+. Just up to rank 5 would probably work too, if that seems like a stupid complaint.. but if items from these crafting methods are considered "UNICORN RARE" and are charged with insane prices on player markets, making anyone who has a monopoly over the items filthy rich.. there's something wrong there.

For reference, what I'm after (end goal) are Divine weapons available at rank 9 Engineering, a sword and shield (although getting them at their best.. would probably require rank 1), a tribolt wand.. either Cleric or Divine.. but most likely Cleric since the Divine wand is.. unicorn upon unicorn rare.. and the rank 5 armor crafted from the white dragon.. which outside of the obvious rank requirement.. also needs one to kill a white dragon.. multiple times. Hoping that rng serves you up what you need.. and that you meet the requirements to get said items. I'm happy to grind and get the materials myself for the weapons, This includes bringing Baltane Squad members up to 450 in every stat in order to tackle their Medal quest (god.. I'm still miles away from that dream).. but I've got no means of actually crafting the items.. without asking another player who'd probably/possibly charge me a fee/attempt to sell the crafted item to me seeing as they crafted it.. and they put in the effort to.. more than less likely rank 1 their crafting method.

Well.. I strayed from the point a bit, I hope this is fine for feedback, my thoughts on things.

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 21, 2018
    I don't think the title is the only thing of worth in the Returned Milletian incentive.

Temporary benefits: The title, style tab, nice fashion outfit, strong equipment.
    Permanent rewards: 5x regular and metal dyes of same color, 2x all-skill reset capsule, 5x free repair kits of each type, 1x AP 50 potion, 1x Skill Seal (10), 1x pet.
    Purchase with RM Seals: 1x fashion outfit (tradeable) or a bunch of equipment (untradeable?).

I do agree that the equipment in the RM shop is the weakest part of the RM incentive. Personally I think the RM Seals and RM shop should be replaced wholesale by the existing Adventurer Seals and Seal Shop. So instead of the RM quests giving you RM seals, they should just give you adventurer seals directly so you can buy stuff from the existing seal shop. It even sets you up to continue doing daily quests for more adventurer seals.
  • OvernOvern
    Mabinogi Rep: 535
    And that is why it's good to bring something up, other people also can suggest things that are more awesome than what currently exists.

And yeah, thanks for pointing that out.. The 50 AP potion was probably a decent boost.. and I kinda.. ended up wasting the Skill seal since one of the skills I was training was taking forever (spent half an hour on it and only got 1% done).. so I used the seal to bring it closer, then used brionic and AP boosting to finish training it. Mostly Brionic. I wanted to save it for when I eventually get to doing Magic crafting.. which is depressing since the wiki says the recommended way to train that after rank A is by Skill seals.. which requires 450 Adventure seals per rank. (which would probably be less threatening if one did every single daily on multiple characters every day.. which.. I can't imagine the time invested in that)

As for the all-skill reset capsules.. I was planning on using them to train skills with stupidly high bars like windmill, as well as training other skills I'd use for stats so that when I get the AP I could just rank them up after reverting back to normal. I don't know if this is a bad idea however since some skills have proven to act poorly under some circumstances.