Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Twin Swords keyword

TakobeTakobe
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
I am currently trying to get the Final Hit skill, and whenever I try to get the Dual Sword keyword from Aodhan (by talking to him, while dual wielding, and using the 'Skill' keyword) all he says is that he cannot teach anything to someone who isn't a soldier, and doesn't give me the keyword.
Any ideas?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    What weapons are you equipping? Some weapons even though dual wielded don't qualify to trigger the needed response. Using a simple NPC purchased set of swords will work fine. Is your character human?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    make sure you are dual wielding swords, not daggers or any blunt weapons. both swords should probably be the same type as well just to be sure. I used bastard swords when I got the keyword from him.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I believe there's a requirement on the proficiency on the swords as well.
    Greta
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    GTCvActium wrote: »

And how much proficiency exactly is required to get this keyword?

Never mind, I'll answer it for you. It's 0. I got the keyword 5 seconds ago while dual-wielding two clean short swords from Osla's shop. The final hit quest has never ever had a prof requirement. Why are you telling newbies false info?

AAvpe.png

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415

As @Eralea has noted, your confusing the dual wielding quest with the Spirit weapon quest. Spirit weapon quest has the 100% proficiency requirement not the dual wielding one.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Ktty wrote: »

As @Eralea has noted, your confusing the dual wielding quest with the Spirit weapon quest. Spirit weapon quest has the 100% proficiency requirement not the dual wielding one.

Oh right, its been so long I since I got the quest, I remember getting both my ego weapon (a sword) and final hit around the same time.
    Eralea wrote: »

And how much proficiency exactly is required to get this keyword?

Never mind, I'll answer it for you. It's 0. I got the keyword 5 seconds ago while dual-wielding two clean short swords from Osla's shop. The final hit quest has never ever had a prof requirement. Why are you telling newbies false info?

AAvpe.png

Sorry for being human and making mistakes your royal highness.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

Oh okay, I'll forgive you my dear subject. But try not to do it too often, you've already confused one poor soul there.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Eralea wrote: »

Oh okay, I'll forgive you my dear subject. But try not to do it too often, you've already confused one poor soul there.

I also figured out why I remembered there being a prof requirement, if you have a 100% weapon, it'll trigger the dialog for spirit weapons. If you wanted FH but have no spirit weapon, old vets would tell you to bring a fresh weapon with you. Not sure if they changed this, early on the spirit weapon dialog took precedence. (I got FH before I started building my ego)