Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Art Prices?

mintielmintiel
Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
in Art Creations
Kinda been wanting to set up a commissions thread for a while, but I'm pretty uncertain about the prices of art in gold & nx (Not doing paypal at the moment sorry). Can anybody help out with this?

Not super confident in my art style or anything but it did take somewhere around 3~5 days to finish (example: http://i.imgur.com/O3ftIjV.png) It's not great but yeah any ideas? I was thinking around 3m or so for the base but not sure if that's fair :')

Comments

• rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    welcome to the fan creations x3 !!

if you're just starting, I suggest you start with some freebies, or really cheap commissions.
    that way you get some samples done, and earn some trust from people.

and then you can raise your price base on all the factors.
    time consumed, amount of orders, quality, etc.

:= ) your art is great, don't say stuff like that. you needa have confidence ya?
    personally, I think you can do good vector characters, logos etc.
    and people have diff taste about art, so you'll definitely find your own audience.

for the chibi sample you've shown, I think you can do 500k-2mil depending.
    your best bet is to check out some other shops, look at their prices.
    then take lowest and highest price range, and decide yourself.
    (because no matter how you price your art, people will complain)

good luck making your own fan-base arts =D
  • mintielmintiel
    I have a set of people I'm doing freebies from in guild, but my issue is I'm just not done with them yet :')

IDK, I'll prolly go w/ 2 then
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    edited December 16, 2016
    As rainLOVE said, some people do freebie threads to get more examples and bring attention to their art shop.
    It's whatever you feel is best, you could also do a raffle in your art shop to get attention (ex: guess number, free sketch.. etc)

I feel that 3m is an okay price, specially for how long it takes you; it's whatever you deem the price to be and what you feel is worth your time
    Most people do lower their regular prices if they are using a base, from what I have seen. So possibly you could have a more expensive option without a base and a cheaper option with the base?

Again, it's your personal choice and you should price your art at the price you find it to be worth for your time.
    I find your example quite adorable and I look forward to seeing your artwork when/if you open a shop!
  • mintielmintiel
    Aava
    Aava said:

As rainLOVE said, some people do freebie threads to get more examples and bring attention to their art shop.
    It's whatever you feel is best, you could also do a raffle in your art shop to get attention (ex: guess number, free sketch.. etc)

I feel that 3m is an okay price, specially for how long it takes you; it's whatever you deem the price to be and what you feel is worth your time
    Most people do lower their regular prices if they are using a base, from what I have seen. So possibly you could have a more expensive option without a base and a cheaper option with the base?

Again, it's your personal choice and you should price your art at what price you find it worth for your time.
    I find your example quite adorable and I look forward to seeing your artwork when/if you open a shop!
    I should correct that because it's not a base for the drawing being used. It's the base amount of items on the character. I say base because there's very simple/no background, no incredibly complicated clothes (armor, etc), no real background, no additional characters/pets, etc. Basically, base would be something very simple with no price climb for additional features. Cause yeah my drawings are all 100% mine lol, otherwise there would be credits for a base.
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    Ah, okay! Sorry for the misunderstanding; honestly after rereading I realized my error OTL

Either way, 3m sounds fair to me (specially for amount of time and your unique drawing style); I think you could start at that base amount for price and add on additional costs for other details if you wanted to. Again, sorry about that!
  • mintielmintiel
    Its ok I worded it weird lol
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    edited December 16, 2016

Based simply on the few pieces of art I've ordered in the last year or so, I'd say ~1.5-2m would be a decent price range to begin with, what with it being a high-quality, cute full-body chibi piece. Could price higher for more complex things, or possibly also offer headshot/bust/half-body pieces for another price too~