Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Engineering and Magic Craft

PepperPepper
Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
edited June 14, 2018 in General Chat
Was wondering when it was going to be either have a new talent made up or put into an existing Talent. I believe that is what was said two years ago. Still hasn t happened,

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    nobody knows, hasn't happened yet
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This was never said.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    A talent just for those two woulda been nice, but wouldn't it have been a bit esoteric?

I guess it could've been something like "Researcher", though isn't that a Hybrid Talent Title.

Then again, "only having two skills" isn't much reason to not make a talent out of it. *side-eyes Mercantile Talent's two whole skills*

That being said, it sure would be nice if they were included in SOME kind of talent, wouldn't it?
    Being able to benefit from 2x training AND the possibility of the level 100+ boost, how nice would that be.

Best you could do right now would be... the EXP "reforge" that you can get on Echostones.
    I think. That wasn't just something I thought I read somewhere, wasn't it?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    A talent just for those two woulda been nice, but wouldn't it have been a bit esoteric?

I guess it could've been something like "Researcher", though isn't that a Hybrid Talent Title.

Then again, "only having two skills" isn't much reason to not make a talent out of it. *side-eyes Mercantile Talent's two whole skills*

That being said, it sure would be nice if they were included in SOME kind of talent, wouldn't it?
    Being able to benefit from 2x training AND the possibility of the level 100+ boost, how nice would that be.

Best you could do right now would be... the EXP "reforge" that you can get on Echostones.
    I think. That wasn't just something I thought I read somewhere, wasn't it?

nah, someone was trying to sell one not too long ago so they exist. IIRC I had magic craft boost level 1 on my echostone a while ago too.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited June 14, 2018
    Talent: Researcher Scientist or Magitek

Bonus: Stam, MP
    Master/Grandmaster adds 70 and 100 SP/MP, respectively. Could add Dex or Int as well, perhaps?

GM's unique effect: additional 10% chance of getting an extra item from the gathering skills, and increase chance of getting a good roll on your item.

Thanks Iyasenu for the ideas :D
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Talent: Researcher

Master/Grandmaster adds 70 and 100 SP/MP, respectively. Could add Dex or Int as well, perhaps?

GM's unique effect: additional 10% chance of getting an extra item from the gathering skills, and increase chance of getting a good roll on your item.

How about artisan?
  • IyasenuIyasenu

How about artisan?

That's also a Hybrid Talent Title, like Researcher. Smithing/Tailoring/Carpentry.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    I don't think Scientist is a talent title is it?
    Twelie
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Veylaine wrote: »
    I don't think Scientist is a talent title is it?

Nope!
    That's free for the taking.

How about artisan?

That's also a Hybrid Talent Title, like Researcher. Smithing/Tailoring/Carpentry.

Magitek?

Magic Craft+Engineering=Magic+Science equals.....?
    HellkaizerVeylaineJazmynRadiant DawnImaizumi
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    I like scientist and magitek :D
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Speaking of Hillwen and Shyllien, I love the difference between the races finding uses for the material.

Giants: "We tried combining it with different materials and found a combination to strengthen it!"

Elves: "LETS KEEP ADDING MANA TO IT UNTIL IT EXPLODES"

But yes, Scientist sounds like a perfect match for it.
    Alalarose
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775

Magitek?

Science combined with Magic is really Alchemy but that's already something else in the land of Mabi.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 16, 2018

How about artisan?

Magitek?

In regard to Magitek, that might not be feasible since that's a term from Final Fantasy 6.
    Leinei wrote: »

How about artisan?

Magitek?

In regard to Magitek, that might not be feasible since that's a term from Final Fantasy 6.

They should have remade FF6, and not FF7. We need to get the word out.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705

How about artisan?

Magitek?

i would have sed Advanced Engineering would have been a good talent name for it
    Biomagical Engineering?
    Gaby5011
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Biomagical Engineering?

There it is.