Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's the fastest Erg Enhancement method?

RuinitiveRuinitive
Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
in Help
I just want to get some garbage weapon to level 5 so I can get the mini gem, what materials or whatever should I use to make that go fast? What I tried only gives me 10 erg point things and it's taking forever.

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Ruinitive wrote: »
    I just want to get some garbage weapon to level 5 so I can get the mini gem, what materials or whatever should I use to make that go fast? What I tried only gives me 10 erg point things and it's taking forever.

Anything smithed, or those pre rank 1 gacha swords from old events give a ton of exp. Same with demonic weapons as well. I just went and made like 20 daggers and that worked
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It doens't need to be the exact same weapon, I take it. As long as it's within the same weapon category?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited June 14, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    It doens't need to be the exact same weapon, I take it. As long as it's within the same weapon category?

the box on the left needs to be same weapon type (Bow must be bow) but the secondary materials can be any weapon. So I used one store bought LLB and the 5 smithed daggers I had.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Trinity staffs. 50k-100k each.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Be sure to use a regular reforging tool on whatever items you plan on harvesting erg from. Also, running alby dungeon and putting whatever enchant you get from it on the item increases the erg value as well. Just make sure you don't do this for any store-bought things... Gachapon items and player-created items are what you do this for.
    Blissfulkill
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited June 15, 2018
    As far as reforging goes, it doesn't seem much like it matter WHAT reforge it gets, HP 1, or Max Damage 2, or whatever, but getting multiple lines makes such a big difference.

Like a hand-crafted dagger is like... 150 Erg base.
    1 line reforge makes it like 350 or something.
    2 lines makes it over 3k.
    3 lines made it over 50k.
    And that's all for 3 Rank, the lowest reforge level.

Not sure on the difference of enchants, but I know that Prof alone doesn't do anything, you actually have to use up the prof via upgrades.
    And, for example, the 5 prof +1 balance upgrade for the aforementioned dagger bumped it up by hardly anything (150 -> 169), with a second 5 prof +1 balance bumping it up by another of the same 19 points. (169 -> 188).

Blessing doesn't seem to do anything, and current durability doesn't seem to matter either.

But yeah, it seems like just using cheaply smithed/found fodder weapons in the extra slots is the best way to gain exp.
    Then again, gaining erg exp isn't the main issue, anyways. Those uncaps, whew.
    AvosTear
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I don't remember how much exactly offhand, but I have a couple red scar long swords from Alby and they are over 3000 erg exp each. Spam easier dungeons for enchanted weapons is another option based on that.
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Thanks, I ended up just spending 200k buying a ton of knuckles and throwing them together Dx
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I found weapons dropped by monsters have lots of xp too. I would say running shadow missions and picking up everything is a decent method, and just buying a few same weapon types from an NPC to put in the left most box if its a type of weapon that doesn't drop (i used a chainblade)

Using a reforge from the shop and newbie enchants from shadow missions sound like a good addition too
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    I found weapons dropped by monsters have lots of xp too. I would say running shadow missions and picking up everything is a decent method, and just buying a few same weapon types from an NPC to put in the left most box if its a type of weapon that doesn't drop (i used a chainblade)

Using a reforge from the shop and newbie enchants from shadow missions sound like a good addition too

i can confirm. that buying stuff from a NPC and enchanting/reforging it will NOT increase its erg exp. it stays at 10. just tried it with a bunch of store bought short bows to infuse into my Bhafel hunter. they remained at 10 Exp each.

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 21, 2018
    A little late but to level my erg weapon (a cutthroat chain blade) to level 5, I used:
    5 Cardinal Chain Blade (5 x 10,000 g = 50,000g)
    9 Smithed Daggers (~27 iron ingots, 9 common leathers, 18 thick thread balls)

For level 1, used one Cardinal Chain and it is level one with no additional fodder (no exp overflow into the next level)
    For level 2-4, used one Cardinal Chain and two daggers
    For level 5, used one Cardinal Chain and three daggers

Edit: I was wondering why I still have reforge tools in my bag and I realize I never used them. Stupid me. But using reforging tools will increase exp, so you could probably get away with using 4 reforged daggers to reach level 5.
    pawcalypse
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Broken logs are 150 exp each. Have a giant punch trees for you.
    IyasenupawcalypseSherri