Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Locked Forum thread query

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
edited July 25, 2018 in Town Square
I attempted to update my Buy & Sell on Mari's Marketplace only to find my thread locked with no moderator post as to say why? This is the thread in question. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5028/transformation-addicts-buy-sell

I would send in a ticket but there is no relevant area for a forum query, so I'll ask here! I am simply curious if my forum post has violated any rules, so I may not repeat them in the future. I would also greatly appreciate the forum post being unlocked so that I may continue updating it as I have done for the past year, if it has been wrongly locked.
From my understanding, the thread is old, however upon going back a few pages, there are plenty of old threads with inactive periods that have yet to be locked. This just seems bizarre. I often received notes in game instead of forum replies as I reply to notes faster, so my thread certainly was still getting used besides the period of inactivity before it was locked.

I see a lot of locked forum posts with no moderator or admin message to say why the thread has been locked lately, is it not a thing that is done anymore?

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hello. I just checked your thread above. It looks to be a 5 month old thread since the last posting, so it would be considered a necro and therefore locked. You're welcome to create a new, relevant thread though.

In regards to older necro'd threads you've come across, unfortunately we don't catch everything so it's very helpful if issues are reported by other forumers to make a forum moderator aware. Sometimes notifications are left in a message within the thread itself or a PM could be sent.

Also, if you ever need to contact a forum moderator, you can check this sticky thread that Katherz recently created. We use Discord a lot as well.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Thank you for the answer. I'll make a new thread, then~