Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Avoiding Ulgarms Metia and Personal Shop collision

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
edited August 13, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
I experienced this bug by accident today about an hour or two ago, unfortunately, I can't remember now.
When you use the Metia for the first time after each daily reset, there's that scripted video about Subaru being knocked down by a ulgarm, and then the corresponding shadow mission begins, with its dialogue window and so on... The thing is usually followed by character teleportation to Tir Chonaiil southern fields. Not sure if it's also a bug; I mean, why would we want to teleport the character there - we don't get teleported to Taillteann gates when we start Taillteann shadow missions. Also, when I did that with my personal shop open in Dunbarton (both protected by a pet and not), it was being closed, with the notification popping up inside the shadow mission, and I just closed the notification at once.
This time I opened my personal shop in Dunbarton and left a pet to protect it. I went to the desert where the Hot Air Balloon event took place. Then I returned to Dunbarton, then went to Bangor, from where I used the Metia. I totally forgot about the notification and completed the mission as it was. When my character appeared on the southern fields of Tir Chonaiil after the mission, I didn't pay attention to any notifications as well. I opened my inventory, the Personal Shop window was still on, and the items in the bag were still having prices, so I pressed the Close Shop button (don't know why I did that in the first place). With this, another notification popped up, about the inability to close the personal shop. The two notifications started blinking frequently, and the character got stuck, being able to perform actions during some kind of gaps in this blinking (opening and closing the inventory at any time; didn't try other windows though).
There was no opportunity to finally close any of the notifications, so I went to Dunbarton (I knew that the pet was definitely unsummoned, so I wanted to see if there's something with the shop itself). When I reached the place where my shop had been (entered the shop protection 5m radius), there was no shop, but the notifications stopped blinking and were closed. Then I opened my inventory again and saw that the Personal Shop window was still there, and the items in the bag were still having prices. I pressed the Close Shop button again to receive another notification on the inability to do this (steady and closable this time).

I've spent pretty much time picking appropriate words for the post, so I still have the "unclosed" (as in undead :D) personal shop in the game.

I marked the approximate place where the shop was situated and the goods with yellow.
rv_nEGCGlWA.jpg
cqFvKF2177Y.jpg

Comments

• MusicatMusicat
    edited August 13, 2018
    I tried summoning a pet to protect the personal shop, and after a moment of pet's non-appearing the button went pale. Then I simply summoned that pet and pressed the Protect the Personal Shop button in the RMB menu, and the pet went straight to the place where it should go if there was a shop. However, it didn't sit down, and there was no line saying that it started protecting the shop.
    CAE5uBfk9pU.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Just hire a Brownie to watch over your shop next time lol.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited August 13, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Just hire a Brownie to watch over your shop next time lol.
    I'm specialized in less-likely-to-happen issues, why, that's just not my way.