Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Crom Bás Part 2 update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/71292/crom-b-s-unveiled-abyss-part-2-patch-notes-january-13th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More on Dan tests!

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
Posts: 1,066
Member
in General Chat
As we all know, some dan tests are uh... poorly designed to say the least. Since it doesn't seem like they'll be nerfed just for us, can we at least have some fixes for it? I'm tired of
this
3b3d98b915f833a3d1b231514a4c5c01.png
being my screen half the time, and can we just have anything not an SS rank for 2>3 a fail? Unless we're going to be able to pass with just an S it's a fail, even worse you can't even attempt it again if you "pass" with a grade that won't let you progress.
Imaizumi

Comments

  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,615
    Posts: 559
    Member
    Personally I don't think they'll change it. I do think it's silly to bother having "requirements" of "whatever or better" when they are meaningless in the face of requiring a certain number of SS rank. (To make it look like the fail passes actually count for something.... It's dumb.)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Policroma wrote: »
    Personally I don't think they'll change it. I do think it's silly to bother having "requirements" of "whatever or better" when they are meaningless in the face of requiring a certain number of SS rank. (To make it look like the fail passes actually count for something.... It's dumb.)

    I don't either, but I want to be hopeful. It bothers me a lot that dan 3 mag is such an RNG fest, but it's not about that test specifically. Dan tests in general aren't really all that fun, and some are so easy it's a joke. With thunder I manged to get almost 21k points by the end, but then something like flameburst is very rng dependant.
    Imaizumi
  • TropaTropa
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited August 19, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    but then something like flameburst is very rng dependant.

    The placement of the mobs and the random order of aggro can really screw you over. Flame Burst by itself is fairly useless without a grouping skill(Act 6:Crisis/Spinning Slasher/Death Mark)

    Also gotta pray that any Blinker that spawns far from you doesn't aggro, or things will hit south pretty fast.


    So much frustration for 1 extra damage.
    Hellkaizer
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    edited August 19, 2018
    i think these tests were poorly redesigned anyway.

    first off we shouldnt be forced to use a Crappy RP version of our chars. and whats worse it shouldnt even rely so much on RNG. ive been still trying to get Firebolt Dan 2 to this day and i just cant get enough points to pass the test. people have provided tips to me but they just do not work due to the over reliance on RNG.
    these tests should've just been where it tests you on efficiency. you have to complete certain tasks with the skill. and they should add all skills minus Trans skills to the dan tests. its going be weird looking into my Skill's tab and seeing some with a gold border, some with a silver border, some with bronze border and the rest with no border at all.
  • KittyplayKittyplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Posts: 4
    Member
    I wish some of the combat dan tests weren't so ping dependent. I've been having trouble trying to Dan 3 Smash, and everyone and their mothers and every video guide I have come across have been saying "smash dan test is so easy, just smash everything in sight." Unfortunately for me, I'm one of the few people who have horrible latency (around 180-200ms-ish if I really try to lower it as much as I could, maybe nearly 300ms if I try to play normally) due to being geographically far away from the server host. That means I can't get 12k points to pass the Dan 2 > Dan 3 test normally, but I might have a 50-50 chance if I try lowering my ping. I would just have to consider other factors that would cost me to fail with my ping and whether or not I could avoid those factors when doing the test.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    Member
    As someone that has gone through the living hell that was mag Dan 3, I found no joy in doing it. Even after I got it, I was just so frustrated that I was just plain glad it was over. Even with the promise of a custom combo card, I haven't even step foot at the advancement hall since finishing all my dan tests.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    can we just have anything not an SS rank for 2>3 a fail? Unless we're going to be able to pass with just an S it's a fail, even worse you can't even attempt it again if you "pass" with a grade that won't let you progress.
    This so much. It's especially annoying if the skill has a bonus point like firebolt, because then unlike normal test where you can exit if you don't have enough points before the time is up, you don't know what's the bonus points will be and pray you have enough to get 12k, otherwise the game will pass you and you have to attempt it the next day.
    Dayton
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Posts: 31
    Member
    Also, the dan outfits damit D:
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,162
    Member
    H
    E
    A
    L
    I
    N
    G
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Dan 3 healing test has been a complete pain in the butt. Haven't been able to get 1 SS yet after a week of attempts and sometimes the match seems to randomly end before timer with neither the chick or the bear dead. The closest I've ever gotten was 11950 and I COULD NOT get the last heal because the bear was walking around in defense and the chick was just moving in circles until timer at full HP.

    On the bright side, Charging Strike was a fun dan test and they should just make fighter skills reset on kill like the dan test, but that's also a suggestion that'll fall on deaf ears.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Arbiter wrote: »
    Dan 3 healing test has been a complete pain in the butt. Haven't been able to get 1 SS yet after a week of attempts and sometimes the match seems to randomly end before timer with neither the chick or the bear dead. The closest I've ever gotten was 11950 and I COULD NOT get the last heal because the bear was walking around in defense and the chick was just moving in circles until timer at full HP.

    On the bright side, Charging Strike was a fun dan test and they should just make fighter skills reset on kill like the dan test, but that's also a suggestion that'll fall on deaf ears.

    Do it without the healing wand equipped (don't know if you've been doing this or not) but it makes it a lot more bearable