Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Healing Dan

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
edited August 28, 2018 in Help
Why does the test end when "the enemies dies" and why does it end randomly before "time runs out"

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Your task is to support, not to fight. It's pretty unlikely that whatever you're healing will defeat the enemy in the allotted time if I recall. You just want to heal your comrade when they are injured, preferably under 30% hp. The amount you heal doesn't impact the score and you'll find that every opportunity to heal matters. I recommend when you start the mission you tab to your bare-hands and heal without the wand, that way you can get more heals in the allotted time.

In short, the test runs out because you're meant to be a supporter/observer, not a participant in the battle. The mission will end early if either NPC dies, if I recall.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Maia wrote: »
    Your task is to support, not to fight. It's pretty unlikely that whatever you're healing will defeat the enemy in the allotted time if I recall. You just want to heal your comrade when they are injured, preferably under 30% hp. The amount you heal doesn't impact the score and you'll find that every opportunity to heal matters. I recommend when you start the mission you tab to your bare-hands and heal without the wand, that way you can get more heals in the allotted time.

In short, the test runs out because you're meant to be a supporter/observer, not a participant in the battle. The mission will end early if either NPC dies, if I recall.

if chicken dies it continues but I am saying the enemy doesn't die and it ends early. I naturally keep tab on both health to make sure I can re run dan but since it auto completes randomly I lose my chance to re take the test. The enemy lives and the test ends.

Just to be a bit more clear

- chicken dies lose 1000 points
    -enemy dies gain 3000 points but end test.
    - For some reason neither die test still ends with time left over
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The test itself is based on a very old in-game novel that tells the story of a child learning healing whose dream involved her looking at helping a baby chick beat a bear. The end condition is that either the time runs out, or the bear dies. As for the test itself there are a few things you can use when running the dan. When the message displays that says the chick wants support, healing it during this time will increase its attack. Failing to do so will increase the bear's attack. Furthermore, this effect stacks so eventually, the chick will gain enough damage to actually kill the bear. The problem is that this doesn't exactly come at intervals so you're subjected to the RNG (yeah, Mabi RNG). So if you don't have enough points (9k and the bear is about to die), just leave the RP and try again.