Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wavesweeper Scam

MaiaMaia
Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
edited September 26, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
4OnVNHy.png
Can we make these untradeable on AH or otherwise more obviously distinguishable. The above picture has a legit wave sweeper and a "fake" wavesweeper. You literally can't tell the difference unless you hover over the "fake" and see the description. The "fakes" are for a quest and really don't need to be permitted on the auction house.
jszBzkS.png

I understand that users should be wise enough to read the description, but mistakes happen and there is literally no purpose in putting these on auction house except to scam.
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    This was reported yesterday in the Bug/Glitch section. forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18112/wave-sweeper-in-auction-house-g12-ark-artifact

Hopefully it can be adjusted or removed from AH.
    Maia
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Oh okay, I didn't think it was a bug or glitch so I didn't even look there lol
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Just in general things like this and the ability to post used skillbooks is just asking for problems where there don't need to be any.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Maia wrote: »
    Oh okay, I didn't think it was a bug or glitch so I didn't even look there lol

No no, it's good you made a suggestions thread. ^^
    Just in general things like this and the ability to post used skillbooks is just asking for problems where there don't need to be any.

I hate seeing used skill books for sale. I wish they weren't sellable or tradable after being used.
    Bronzebreak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I think the quest item should be renamed or changed into another item entirely, but making it untradeable is not the correct solution. It seems no different than other tradeable quest items like the clay flute and dorcha crystals.
    Shoog
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There should be an indicator for skill books, if the seal is not broken, it's tradeable and once the seal is broken not tradeable just like they do at some universities.
    ShoogBronzebreakCrimsọn
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    There should be an indicator for skill books, if the seal is not broken, it's tradeable and once the seal is broken not tradeable just like they do at some universities.

HA!

Most of 'em do though, and it'll say 'this item is no longer usable' in red text at the bottom when previewed, but if it didn't sell, people wouldn't post 'em...

Same with people selling NPC manuals/Equipment Appearance Recovery Scrolls (well, not anymore with this event LOL) for more than their purchase price. It's not like it's not allowed, but... you know you're exploiting people.