Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lost Cat/Lost Dog as Pet

KiruahKiruah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
edited October 1, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So we have a lot of lost animals running around in tara and the pet pages in the cashshop actually have lore reasons for why they can be our pets.
The Lost cat and Dog have unique textures in the game and actually look really cute, we can only really tame them sadly, but i was thinking why not sell them in the webshop give them a quirky function kinda like some older pets did and let us "adopt" a rescued animal?
I mean im sure there could be some instance in tara trying to re-home these poor street animals.

623cf9fa98.png 3a3bde2da6.png

Im thinking they wouldnt be superduper special new limited pets but just a fresh new addition to the pet section in the webshop wich hasnt seen any regular additions in ages and only removals of certain pets (ex, the Bombay)
I think the idea would be cute and im sure theres a breed they are based on to name them.

IGN: Kiruah
Server: Ruairi
  1. Would you buy the "lost" Animals in the webshop?14 votes
    1. Yes I would if reasonably priced.
       64% (9 votes)
    2. No, I am not interested.
       14% (2 votes)
    3. Yes, Only if they have a Large inventory/something special
       21% (3 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Hmmm I think this would be a very cute idea. But maybe instead of having to buy them they can be worked into some sort of quest line. Like You need to tame the same dog/cat 5 times, give it food etc and then afterwards you have the choice to adopt it or not.
    IyasenuJazmynBronzebreakSunfallSkySherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Hmmm I think this would be a very cute idea. But maybe instead of having to buy them they can be worked into some sort of quest line. Like You need to tame the same dog/cat 5 times, give it food etc and then afterwards you have the choice to adopt it or not.

I like this idea.

It could even be a "once per character" sort of quest, like with the Saga Pegasus pet.

I wonder, would it be just a standalone quest, or would it be worked into the Generation questline where Pencast has you tame them.
    It definitely could work either way.
    JazmynSherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I would like dark knight to be be able to tame them as well since dark knights can tame 4 or 5 monsters at once. then I can have a cat army.
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Certain pets transform along with their owner's paladin/dark knight trans. This would work well for these lost pets if the quest to acquire them involves any dark knight or paladin content.

SIA2.gif
    BronzebreakJazmynKensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Awwwh I sure do want one! Maybe have it as a side quest where you could do it and get one Lost Cat and Lost Dog per account? I always saw them around Tara and felt bad that they had no home, even if it is a game.
    In fact.. a little off topic;
    I rescued 5 kittens and their momma irl :D though they weren't lost.. they were from across my street neighbors dont know how to take care of pets, they're stupid and they don't even miss them
    so i guess I got 6 lost cats irl technically? haha
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Tame farm animals as pets and start a farm!
    Jazmyn
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Can you imagine if homestead farm animals required 1x "tamed farm animal" as a construction requirement? For every farm animal in your homestead, you would need to tame a real one somewhere in Erinn.
    KensamaofmariJazmyn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Can you imagine if homestead farm animals required 1x "tamed farm animal" as a construction requirement? For every farm animal in your homestead, you would need to tame a real one somewhere in Erinn.

That could make people more active... maybe. From farm to menagerie!
    Jazmyn