Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Looms and Spinning Wheels can sense your presence

EraleaEralea
Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
in Bugs and Glitches
This bug is a bit confusing but I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

C0wx8.png

If you stand closer to a Loom and attempt to use a Spinning Wheel, you get Loom-type error messages.

C0wyU.png
C0wyh.png

Basically, the game seems to think you're trying to weave at the Loom and not the Spinning Wheel, even though the production window shows the Spinning Wheel production list and you enter materials for a Spinning Wheel product.

The opposite is also true:

C0xJ5.png

If you stand at a Spinning Wheel and attempt to use a Loom, you get Spinning Wheel error messages.

C0xJF.png

The product the game thinks you're trying to make seems to be the corresponding product in the list for the other tool, e.g. Thin Thread is the second item on a Spinning Wheel and Ice Silk is the second item on a Loom.

This bug is actually easily resolved by simply standing closer to the tool you're trying to use, but it's still not really something that should happen. If I'm close enough to use the Spinning Wheel and I select to use the Spinning Wheel and pick a product from the Spinning Wheel list, I shouldn't have the nearby Loom telling me I can't do that.

I'm Eralea of Alexina.
LastSaturdayKensamaofmariKttypawcalypse

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Next thing you know, they'll start to follow us. :D
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I was about to report a similar instance when I used the Homestead Spinning Wheel on the day of the update. It was somehow fixed the next day; the error did not appear anymore.
    I first thought that my pet was causing an issue while using it, or I was using a sword instead of a gathering knife.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Mmmmm it hasn't fixed itself for me, still happening here. Well, as long as I forget to stand closer to the right one.

The only reason I noticed it is because I tend to position myself in between the two tools and sometimes I'm just that tiny bit closer to the other.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 17, 2018
    My husband and I were trying to collect water from our own food trucks and I had to move quite a ways away before it would stop telling me I couldn't gather from the pet, even alt clicking cause it seemed to think I was trying to collect from his. It sounds similar to this.