Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Map Glitches

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Town Square
Someone told me exploring map glitches will get you in trouble? Why is that?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

Will it?
  • HelsaHelsa

Will it?

I don't know that's one of the reasons why I started the thread.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I guess no one here knows the answer. So what do I do? Submit a ticket? Does that system allow for queries and information requests? Is it proper to use it as such?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 20, 2018
    I guess no one here knows the answer. So what do I do? Submit a ticket? Does that system allow for queries and information requests? Is it proper to use it as such?

I tried to find it in the TOU, but I couldn't. There used to be something about bugs and glitches, but all I could find was "if you exploit those bugs and glitches to produce items", or something like that. So based on what I read, there shouldn't be a reason to get in trouble for exploring an area that you randomly got bugged into. But if you continuously go there, maybe it can compromise security or something.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I tried to find it in the TOU, but I couldn't. There used to be something about bugs and glitches, but all I could find was "if you exploit those bugs and glitches to produce items", or something like that. So based on what I read, there shouldn't be a reason to get in trouble for exploring an area that you randomly got bugged into. But if you continuously go there, maybe it can compromise security or something.

There are also well-known areas where the map cuts off and it's just a white void. Dunno if it's dangerous to walk off it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sebastian wrote: »
    There are also well-known areas where the map cuts off and it's just a white void. Dunno if it's dangerous to walk off it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

No, you can't walk off the edge . . . or so I've heard. Cough cough.

Honestly I hope it's not a banned activity. Because, it really can't hurt anyone, including yourself, and it is fun to do (so I've heard of course, cough cough). This far along in Mabinogi's existence players being jaded is an issue, and if exploring map glitches keeps the game funner, isn't that a good thing?
    I've wandered through lag glitches before and I've been fine.
  • HelsaHelsa

Well, really regardless of where you are you ARE on that map. So if, say, you get stuck you can always continent warp out . . . er . . . so I'm told. cough cough
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Back in the day I've heard of people being banned for glitching out of map boundaries, though I don't know how things are these days. When I was a fresh noob to the game (and MMOs in general) years ago, I met a player who took me out of bounds and then bragged about how if a GM caught us that we could be banned from the game. Not sure why someone would brag about that though lol.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Shoog wrote: »
    Back in the day I've heard of people being banned for glitching out of map boundaries, though I don't know how things are these days. When I was a fresh noob to the game (and MMOs in general) years ago, I met a player who took me out of bounds and then bragged about how if a GM caught us that we could be banned from the game. Not sure why someone would brag about that though lol.

Is there anyway to find out what the actual situation is? Because if there is actually no problem with it and furthermore if there is no rule against it, it'd be nice to know as it would give players something else to do when they're bored.

Well, really regardless of where you are you ARE on that map. So if, say, you get stuck you can always continent warp out . . . er . . . so I'm told. cough cough

That is true. Cont Warp can get you out of most messes.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Is there anyway to find out what the actual situation is? Because if there is actually no problem with it and furthermore if there is no rule against it, it'd be nice to know as it would give players something else to do when they're bored.

I can try to find out for you.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    The only place I was able to glitch through on my own was in Dunby, I ended up being right next too the bank NPC behind his counter, it was an accident but I ended up having fun with it, and even have video proof. xD
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 27, 2018
    Shoog wrote: »

I can try to find out for you.

That would be welcomed by most, I think, thank you.