Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Screen Resolution Issues

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Technical Support
It might just be a tedious question but whenever i try to play in fullscreen mode, no matter what resolution I choose, the game continues off screen. Like I cant see my mana or stamina bar and some skills get cut off almost entirely at the top.
I have an AMD Radeon 7900 graphics driver and I use it to adjust my desktop resolution to fit my monitor. And as far as I can tell whenever i play a game in fullscreen it fits to the borders of my monitor(or maybe I just dont notice it in other games?) But when i try to play mabi in fullscreen it goes out of the borders of monitor.
I'm terrible when it comes to technical stuff and doodads about software and such so please bare with me but please let me know if this is solvable.
As a side note, I just got back to playing mabi after over a year and I think this wasn't an issue then but not sure if it was my driver version, mabi update or something =/

Please and thank you folks and hope to play with you all again. ^^;

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 21, 2018
    It sounds like the settings your using for altering your desktop in your ATI software is overriding the ingame resolution settings causing the items mentioned to render off screen. In the ATI software there should be a place to tell it to specifically allow Mabi to control all of the graphics settings and ignore what you have set for general settings when it is playing. I can't give you specific instructions to where that is in the ATI settings because I don't have ATI graphics but I will see about looking them up and posting them here after I find them for you.

Edit: after looking I will need to know specifically what Ati programs you have installed in order to point you in the right direction if you can't find where you change settings for specific programs (usually named 3d settings or something similar with a dropdown or list to select specific games/programs).
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    edited December 21, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    It sounds like the settings your using for altering your desktop in your ATI software is overriding the ingame resolution settings causing the items mentioned to render off screen. In the ATI software there should be a place to tell it to specifically allow Mabi to control all of the graphics settings and ignore what you have set for general settings when it is playing. I can't give you specific instructions to where that is in the ATI settings because I don't have ATI graphics but I will see about looking them up and posting them here after I find them for you.

Edit: after looking I will need to know specifically what Ati programs you have installed in order to point you in the right direction if you can't find where you change settings for specific programs (usually named 3d settings or something similar with a dropdown or list to select specific games/programs).

You keep saying ATI and I have no clue what that is. The resolution does change in game but every single one goes off screen. The graphics card isnt interfering with that aspect. I brought it up to say that before I used the driver settings to adjust my desktop resolution it was also going off screen in practically the same way that mabi fullscreen is. I don't know if theres a way in the driver settings to adjust the resolution of games I play but I cant make heads or tails of it.
    Honestly I wasn't sure if this would be a question for mabi or the AMD Radeon support. I wanted to know if there was an in-game trick or if someone may have had a similar issue as mine who can tell me what they did.
    Plus this has only been an issue for Mabinogi, not any other games I play.
  • KttyKtty
    edited December 21, 2018
    My bad... I was referring to the AMD graphics. My mind was stuck on ATI (AMD graphics used to be ATI). You need to tell AMD graphics software to to ignore your PCs graphics settings when Mabi s playing and let Mabi control them completely.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    edited December 22, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    My bad... I was referring to the AMD graphics. My mind was stuck on ATI (AMD graphics used to be ATI). You need to tell AMD graphics software to to ignore your PCs graphics settings when Mabi s playing and let Mabi control them completely.

Sounds simple enough ^^;; I mean what confuses me is why none of my other games have this issue. When i look at the gaming tab it shows a list of games but only ones i\I've downloaded of steam. Theres options to "scan" for others but nothing ever comes up. And to be honest I'm not entirely sure where exactly the correct file would be for mabinogi. I'm curious if it's due to mabinogi being an app of nexon? Like is nexon getting in the way between mabi and the radeon settings somehow? I'm just spit balling but all this just hurts my head lol

Also how do you attach images? ^^;;
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    OMG YES! I don't quite understand how but it works! You ever have one of those "eenie meenie minie mo" moments and push a random button or tow? XD
    Well I don't know if this will be helpful to others with my same issue but I booted up mabinogi then went to my task manager(ctrl+alt+delete) then looked for what file was currently running mabinogi, opened the file location and based on that i was able to browse for that file in the custom gaming profile options of the driver and then I clicked Freesync which i'm hoping was the solution as well as full panel instead of aspect ratio.

Thanks for the advice and giving me inspiration to poke around a bit deeper into it!
  • KttyKtty
    edited December 22, 2018
    In order to possibly give you instructions you will need to provide the requested info along with your windows version and launcher type.

Just because none of your other games have the problem doesn't mean a thing. Otherwise they wouldn't have provided a way to adjust settings for a single game.

You don't attach or upload images on these forums. You upload them to a image sharing site then link it here. When linked properly it will show as viewable in the post.