Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet summon lag

FinityFinity
Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
edited December 29, 2018 in General Chat
For past few months I barely had summon lag happening, but now it's happening quite often and it screws me up so bad
azC9s3b.jpg
It took like 2 minute to summon a bone dragon and meanwhile I couldn't do anything while my character just get ganged up and die, and also missed vision of ladeca reset time because character will freeze until the pet is summoned
Sometimes pet won't even desummon, and if I try to summon other one it'll just have other one summoned still, and my game crashes shortly after (I know I can re-enter but it sucks cuz I lose vision of ladeca)
nFYeKjN.jpg
I'm not posting it on bug/glitch section because im pretty damn sure this is happening because of poor server management

Sakura2503CrimsọnpawcalypseSherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 29, 2018
    2 minutes to summon a pet? You sure...? The longest I take to summon during server hiccups is like ~8 seconds and i'm also in Europe, which makes things even worse. That's why I avoid being in highly populated channels (a.k.a ch1 in Alexina). I also can suspect that you are having server lag because it's the most active time at this moment (weekend and holidays adds up even more) and also we didn't have a maintenance this week.
    I totally forgot these threads might come back again. Like every year during Christmas/New Year holidays lol. Every god damn year.
  • FinityFinity
    edited December 29, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    2 minutes to summon a pet? You sure...? The longest I take to summon during server hiccups is like ~8 seconds and i'm also in Europe, which makes things even worse. That's why I avoid being in highly populated channels (a.k.a ch1 in Alexina). I also can suspect that you are having server lag because it's the most active time at this moment (weekend and holidays adds up even more) and also we didn't have a maintenance this week.
    I totally forgot these threads might come back again. Like every year during Christmas/New Year holidays lol. Every god damn year.

Phantasm itself is very laggy dungeon, it just makes it worse
    High-polygon map with high polygon monsters with complicated AI spamming intermediate magic and gun skills does not help at all
    I always play on ch2 for dungeons, and for Mari ch1 is most populated
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Isn't it strange?
    I thought one of the patch notes specifically mentioned a change to reduce the impact of pet summon lag.
    But in spite of that, it has felt more or less familiar to the old days lately.

Here's the patch notes where pet summon lag is said to have been reduced:
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/7/00J9j/patch-notes-april-5th-2018

Could stand to be reduced a bit more, in my opinion.
    Not fun when death is bearing down upon you and you're stuck behind a "Summoning..." window.
  • FinityFinity
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Isn't it strange?
    I thought one of the patch notes specifically mentioned a change to reduce the impact of pet summon lag.
    But in spite of that, it has felt more or less familiar to the old days lately.

Here's the patch notes where pet summon lag is said to have been reduced:
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/7/00J9j/patch-notes-april-5th-2018

Could stand to be reduced a bit more, in my opinion.
    Not fun when death is bearing down upon you and you're stuck behind a "Summoning..." window.

I think that patch did make pets lag less....but cannot help when server is laggy
    I can tell that server itself is laggy by looking at how late phantoms roar after summon
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    If it started last week, it might be because we didn't have a server reset or maintenance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 30, 2018
    This
    happens
    every
    freaking
    year.

:|

Can't they just have someone volunteer to stay over with extra pay to restart the server and then BAM they can go home during the holidays? IT DOESN'T TAKE THAT LONG. Like TWO hours max! I had one of my items poof this week because the damn log out and exit buttons CEASED TO FUNCTION. I had to force shut down the game and because I did this after recently equipping a new item - THE SERVER ATE THAT ITEM.

So yeah be careful guys, that is a thing again. Screenshot your stuff. If you notice that your log out and exit buttons don't do anything, you're stuck. YAP.

Restart your servers once a week. IT, MUST, BE, DONE. Every year this [BLEEP]ing happens and you are always in denial. "But nothing showed up in our tests~" Shut up. We've been playing this game longer than you, we know how the server works better than you. We have TEN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN-GAME FROM THE EAST COAST.

So when you guys try and pull that (in a whiny nerdy mocking voice) "it doesn't need to be restarted~~" I want to fish slap someone. Seriously! I post a similar comment like this EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    My pet summons lag when too many people use the internet.
    @Gaea, no one wants to pay OT, especially in Cali.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 31, 2018
    @Gaea, no one wants to pay OT, especially in Cali.

30-40 bucks = equals server stability. HolyBLEEP. They can't spare it! LMAO.
    Kensamaofmari
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited December 31, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    Gaea, no one wants to pay OT, especially in Cali.

If you can hire a server tech to observe a MMO server reboot on holiday overtime for 40 bucks, you either didn't hire an actual server tech or you're lying. Honestly they -should- hire someone to do overtime, but I seriously doubt the entire team they would need to have to oversee a restart is willing to do it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea, no one wants to pay OT, especially in Cali.

If you can hire a server tech to observe a MMO server reboot on holiday overtime for 40 bucks, you either didn't hire an actual server tech or you're lying. Honestly they -should- hire someone to do overtime, but I seriously doubt the entire team they would need to have to oversee a restart is willing to do it.

You know the wages in california are poverty right?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    And you are aware that server tech support is a profitable skill right? Overtime for that isn't going to be cheap. Not that money seems to be the issue anyway, seeing as Maplestory had a server restart the day after Christmas. The Mabi team seems to just be too small.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 1, 2019
    And you are aware that server tech support is a profitable skill right? Overtime for that isn't going to be cheap. Not that money seems to be the issue anyway, seeing as Maplestory had a server restart the day after Christmas. The Mabi team seems to just be too small.

Yeah well people's items are poofing. That's just going to create more work for them. Some players are probably going to run into GM's who won't restore items. yadda yadda.

Yeah well people's items are poofing. That's just going to create more work for them. Some players are probably going to run into GM's who won't restore items. yadda yadda.

Market for skilled labor is competitive, many are probably aiming for Space X nearby than Nexon as a first option.
    Many other gaming companies are located in Orange County.

Wages go up to $12 for companies with 26+ employees now, that's still not much, but expect costs of everything to keep going up.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 2, 2019

Market for skilled labor is competitive, many are probably aiming for Space X nearby than Nexon as a first option.

Wages go up to $12 for companies with 26+ employees now, that's still not much, but expect costs of everything to keep going up.

...and many of them have to live in their cars. smh.

You know...a lot of companies have had to get out of California in the last decade in order to escape the high cost of living and running a business there. The taxes out there are ridiculous. After all this time I wonder if Nexon NA has considered leaving that state.
    Kensamaofmari

You know...a lot of companies have had to get out of California in the last decade in order to escape the high cost of living and running a business there. The taxes out there are ridiculous. After all this time I wonder if Nexon NA has considered leaving that state.

Yet, some companies that have left to get a tax break have found themselves in worse position than before, namely foreign auto companies.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 3, 2019

Yet, some companies that have left to get a tax break have found themselves in worse position than before, namely foreign auto companies.

Auto companies are a whole different ball game.

Auto companies are a whole different ball game.

True, but they also have a lot in the tech industry.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I think the most I've ever waited for a pet summon lag was about a minute, which of course feels much longer when you're standing there, waiting for your pet to despawn.
    It's clearly only gotten worse :c
    Sherri wrote: »
    I think the most I've ever waited for a pet summon lag was about a minute, which of course feels much longer when you're standing there, waiting for your pet to despawn.
    It's clearly only gotten worse :c

This is true as well.
    But again, I only have this issue due to internet, perhaps the lag can also be caused by other reasons?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    My pet gone rogue on me a few times as well. Yea sumthings up. Had to reboot to reign em back in. smh.