Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Text auto-advances way too fast, or is it just me?

ChaosShadowChaosShadow
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
in General Chat
Title.

I cannot read what the characters are saying in the G22 cutscenes- Rather, the only one I've viewed. I don't know if this bothers anyone else, because maybe I just read slowly, but I genuinely can't read all of what they're saying.

I thought they'd moved past this with the Shakespeare stuff, but now they're doing it again and its harming my experience with the story... Do they get better about it further in? Or am I just screwed? I'd rather not have to look up the cutscenes on youtube, because watching the experience with a different character just ruins the immersion, y'know? I want to feel like I'm involved in the story, rather than watching someone else complete it.
DragoolfireSherripawcalypse

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It isn't just you.

The text doesn't display fast enough and the text boxes advance too fast.

There were times the NPCs couldn't get everything they were saying to display before the text box moved on.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    This makes me mad when i like to carefully read and at a slow paste.
    KensamaofmariSakura2503Sherri
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    This sounds a lot like that G19 mission where you have to keep the guards alive, but they start fighting while you're still in a conversation and basically force you to skip all the dialogue if you wanna win?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Never did like auto text.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited January 11, 2019
    glad I'm not the only one who's bothered by text going to fast. never been a particular fast reader, not even in my own language. and even though my english is rather good I usually need a few seconds to actually comprehend what the dialogue says.
    @op, hate to say it, but don't count on it being fixed. they never did with previous generations either
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    edited January 12, 2019
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    glad I'm not the only one who's bothered by text going to fast. never been a particular fast reader, not even in my own language. and even though my english is rather good I usually need a few seconds to actually comprehend what the dialogue says.
    @op, hate to say it, but don't count on it being fixed. they never did with previous generations either

Oh, I know it won't be. I was just asking if they had gotten better about it further into the gen, but they haven't. I've resorted to simply recording my playthrough of the Gen myself, that way if I do miss anything, I can just look back over it later.

Though, now I'm presented with a new issue... The floor in the new dungeon disappears if I have my camera angled in certain ways- Those certain ways being most of the comfortable angles I adjusted it to. This exact same issue plagues Sidhe Finnachaid for me, and I have no idea if it's something on my end causing it, or if this is a widespread bug that needs to be fixed. Regardless, I can't finish G22 like this. It just doesn't look right...

EDIT: I seem to have resolved this secondary issue by reinstalling the game. Not sure what was causing the problem, but I won't dwell on it. o .o
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wish they had just used continue buttons for everything. I was able to catch a lot, but it wasn't as fun to read due to being rushed.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Alshian wrote: »
    This makes me mad when i like to carefully read and at a slow paste.

Yes. Reading at a slow paste helps things stick in my brain. :)
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited January 17, 2019
    Going too slow in my opinion
    spams esc to skip the cutscene
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, it is too fast for me too.
    I'm like a sentence behind and it skips to the next one.
    I can't read that fast D:
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Unless humans these days CAN read that fast...madness.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    pretty sure this might be another regional problem. eastern languages usually have way less characters (which equals faster to read), and the dialogue probably changes lines at fixed intervals or something. just a guess

just another thing that is only an issue here because we have our funny language
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    They do need to slow the text down as it is a actual storyline not a shakespeare play that we have been force to read every year in highschool and some of middle school. or better yet if they could add a text speed option so people can decide if they want it to have a slow or fast option. Being able to read and immerse yourself in the story is what makes new updates great.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Going to slow in my opinion

I don't understand people like you, but okay.

*too
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    Zelfal wrote: »
    They do need to slow the text down as it is a actual storyline not a shakespeare play that we have been force to read every year in highschool and some of middle school. or better yet if they could add a text speed option so people can decide if they want it to have a slow or fast option. Being able to read and immerse yourself in the story is what makes new updates great.

again im pretty sure thats something that would require changes beyond what the localization team can do
    so you'll just have to deal with it
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Xypix wrote: »
    pretty sure this might be another regional problem. eastern languages usually have way less characters (which equals faster to read), and the dialogue probably changes lines at fixed intervals or something. just a guess

just another thing that is only an issue here because we have our funny language

I hadn't actually considered that. It makes sense. Still, I wish that didn't cause this kind of issue for us. :L As you said to Zelfal though, I guess we'll just have to deal with it.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited January 17, 2019
    Going to slow in my opinion

I don't understand people like you, but okay.

*too

I know I just saw that mistake I feel so horrible Q_Q

*mistake being to and too, not skipping the stories c:
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I just skip cutscenes at this rate. There's no point if I can't read it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I just skip cutscenes at this rate. There's no point if I can't read it.

Just record it
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    I know I just saw that mistake I feel so horrible Q_Q

*mistake being to and too, not skipping the stories c:

OK_thumb.png