Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guild Members Event

YutsukiYutsuki
Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
edited February 7, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Good afternoon everyone!

Today my suggestion would be to bring the Guild Members Event back to Mabinogi NA.

Why? It has been a long while since the last one was held, about two years ago if not longer. A lot of Guilds have been created since then and it would be useful, notably to new players who are joining some new guilds, to have a title to get them started.

What was the Guild Members Event? The Guild Members Event was an event where you could register a title for your Guild directly at your Guild Stone. In order to keep that title, you were required to recruit at least Five new Members in the Guild.

What does the title give? Str +10, Int +10 Dex +10, Will +10 Luck +10, Mana +10 Defense +1 Protection +1

Would you like to see this event back to Mabinogi NA? Vote in the poll!

Yutsuki of Alexina
Darkpixie99NilremValoredShoogNegumikoShakayaSamuelalex
  1. Would you like to see the Guild Members Event back to Mabinogi NA?35 votes
    1. Yes, it would be fun and useful to my Guild.
       94% (33 votes)
    2. No, I won't need it.
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    My whole entire guild would love for this to come back! We have made suggestion threads in the past about it and last time GM Nnkeona (SP?) was in she said she was going to put this in an email. Never the less, support!
    Yutsuki
  • Firecatx3Firecatx3
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Ah, I have wanted this since I can remember! But then I forgot about this, but now I want it!
    Yutsuki
  • TaichiiSoulCrossTaichiiSoulCross
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Count Coffin in ;)
    Yutsuki
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Oooh! It's been quite a while since we've had that event!

I'd like to see it come back for the people who missed it the first time!!
    Yutsuki
  • ValoredValored
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    We 100 percent need this again!
    Yutsuki
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Yeeessss! One of my guilds' alliances is a fairly new guild and they want this event to come back! :D

I'm sure there's tons of other guilds that want to earn a title as well!
    Yutsuki
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    I am firmly against this.

There should be no mechanical benefits to being in a guild. You should want to be in one to be with your friends. Not because of some l33t title.
  • YutsukiYutsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    edited February 7, 2017
    Edetha wrote: »
    I am firmly against this.

There should be no mechanical benefits to being in a guild. You should want to be in one to be with your friends. Not because of some l33t title.

To be honest, I don't understand your point. Many guilds already have a Title, and really, it's mostly a title to get started. Once you get better titles (the Reborn, Blood Master, Guardian of the Gate, Black Rose Master), you most of the time don't use it anymore. Most people use it as a Family name or as previously stated a Title to get started.

You don't join a Guild for their title anyways, you join a Guild because of your friends. There are already mechanical benefits to being in a Guild such as the Guild Robe, or the Housing Management in case your Guild owns a Residential Area Castle. I don't see why this event, which has happened twice in the past, would be so bad. :)

I hope you can understand that not everybody is able to get a nice title (stat-wise) when they start, and that it would encourage new players to join a Guild, not only to get a help stat-wise, but also to meet new people. That's a win-win on both side if you look at it my way.

I do however respect your opinion! :)
  • ClaireKnattClaireKnatt
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I don't see why it shouldn't (or couldn't) be a thing. It's mostly aesthetic except to very new players, who will find a better title in little time anyway. It adds something cute to a guild anyway, whether it be a play on the name, an inside joke, or whatever have you. And yeah, if we're discussing mechanical benefits, I think that went out the window long ago like Yutsuki said. Housing and such aside, you've now got a big group of players to help you along, whether it be to learn new skills or complete Generations quests that much faster. That part of it far outweighs the tiny benefit that the title would be.
    Yutsuki
  • AyachuAyachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 680
    Although my guild already has a title, it's always nice to have an opportunity to update it! Have all of my support!
    Yutsuki
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    The title might be helpful to new players who join a guild and who do not yet have a good title that helps them with an increase in stats. Plus it's a nice little incentive to get players to join. Besides, this is just a fun little event that should be re-implemented every now and then. ^^ I've met so many new people in the past when we had this event and my little guild family grew while I made new friends.

I totally support this!!
    YutsukiSaffronBeige
  • SaffronBeigeSaffronBeige
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited February 12, 2017
    Are we ever going to have another guild title event again? I never see creative guild titles around anymore, and the only reason I haven't left my dead guild is because of the silly title.
  • TinyTimPoroTinyTimPoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    honestly if they revamp the title that would be cool. so many of the newer titles are outclassing it and i'm a person who goes for what more benefiting to me at the time. Heck I would be fine if was changed to help with crafting quality.
    Yutsuki
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I'm happy to see so many people supporting this C:
    Yutsuki
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    This should be part of the benefits to joining a guild. I would love for this to return so that i can make a custom title for my guildmates. Please add this permantely as part of the guild management.