Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy Tips & Tricks.

oopoop
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I am interested in becoming a Battle Alchemist. After some time of playing this game, and maxing out certain classes, I've decided to pour some AP into Alchemy. My question is, what stats enhance Alchemy's damage output? For example, STR enhancing combat related skills such as Smash or Magnum Shot's damage being enhanced by DEX. Also, what skills should I prioritize first? What Battle Alchemy skills will be most beneficial for damage output?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Battle alchemy scales damage off your remaining stats, for example flame burst uses your current HP, water cannon uses your current MP, etc. By current I mean how much HP you have left, and not the max HP you have, so if you have 500/1000 HP left, it will use the 500. Battle alchemy is usually split between flame burst alchemists and water cannon. Water cannon is the more popular of the two since its a single hard hitting strike that's easier to manage. In comparison flame burst is harder to handle, but if you've mastered it flame burst handles crowds quite well. Hydra, shock, elemental wave, and golden time are also priority skills. Heat buster offers another offensive option if you're more geared for flame.

As for damage output, in terms of raw output, flame burst offers more, but needs set up and you're quite defenseless when using it (being a multi-hitter and all), while water cannon is far easier to use, and has fewer restrictions. Hydra + sand burst/rain casting offers the safest way to kill things, though at the cost of eating a lot of time. Sand burst blinds and stops enemies from attack, and hydra does damage without removing sand burst effects, so you can kill things with relative ease with minimal risk this way if you keep applying blind to enemies.

I would only recommend alchemy if you wanna just have fun with the set, its greatly outpaced by other skill sets in damage. At harder content Alchemy is one of the most crippled sets for their abilities being ineffective against mobs (shock is completely useless in revived illusion for example), the reason being that if alchemy was allowed its full effects, it'd make those contents significantly easier.
    oop
  • oopoop
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I see, very insightful thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    oop wrote: »
    I see, very insightful thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Battle Alchemy is not bad but there are better things out there. My favorite Battle Alchemy skill is probably Sand Burst as it kills agro for one enemy briefly. Construct Alchemy though is a different matter. If you are into crafting it is a must have, but also for combat, it is too. Combatwise, on the downside Construct Alchemy is slow, boring, and totally not flashy or glamorous. But on the upside, regardless of how far along you are developed, if you get into trouble it will see you through.