Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Support Puppet Shield Options

LadameLadame
Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
edited May 14, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Can we have an option to turn off the shields of support puppets? I am talking about natural, fire, ice, and lightning shields. It would normally not be a problem but lately I have noticed that if I am standing close to a monster and a teammate attacks it with the corresponding type (archery for natural, fireball for fire etc) that their damage gets reduced and also doesn't stun. Its really annoying. If we could just right click the puppet and turn off shield support (similar to turning off all support on timed puppets), it would be a huge quality of life improvement.

I am just so sick of being the bane of my mage friends existence! :(
Amaraz

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Well, support puppet shields don't seem to activate consistently.
  • LadameLadame

My luck (and my mage buddy's luck) has been awful lately then, since I kill her ice spears a few times every dungeon run. Also her thunders. I have had to resort to taking my puppet off and letting her do all the switch rooms. ^^;;
    Ladame wrote: »

My luck (and my mage buddy's luck) has been awful lately then, since I kill her ice spears a few times every dungeon run. Also her thunders. I have had to resort to taking my puppet off and letting her do all the switch rooms. ^^;;

That is quite troublesome. Maybe they can make support puppets have a more passive mode?
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited May 14, 2019
    This happens to me almost every single time I try to use magic. I use fire, shunted...ice, shunted...lightning, shunted. Heck I even switched to archery and it was shunted too, no matter what I use my friend's fairy shunts it. So I for one absolutely agree, those shields may save you but they also hinder others.

Also even if the shield isn't physically up, it still acts as if it was there.

Alternatively just make it so it doesn't shunt other player's magic....
    Ladame
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    It is quite blinding when its up.
    Maybe they need smarter AI, activate shields only when needed.
  • LadameLadame
    Shiryllian wrote: »
    Alternatively just make it so it doesn't shunt other player's magic....
    This! It would fix all my problems honestly. :')
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    My suggestion is to have the puppet activate the magic shield that the player last used. So if the player uses ice shield, the puppet will cast and maintain an ice shield. This way a player could have a passive shield on at all times, and change it to something that someone in their party isn't using.
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I like your idea GTC, but that would still technically shunt other people's skills. That + making it not shunt other players, would be perfect.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    My suggestion is to have the puppet activate the magic shield that the player last used. So if the player uses ice shield, the puppet will cast and maintain an ice shield. This way a player could have a passive shield on at all times, and change it to something that someone in their party isn't using.

Wouldn't it be better and faster if a player can yell a command like with pets to bypass having to activate a skill yourself?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    I agree, allow us to turn the stupid shields off please. Certain situations make it very counterproductive.