Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About Memoirs

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in Feedback and Suggestions
I've returned to Mabi after a long absence and after having messed around with the Memoir quests with a couple of my low-level alts, all I have to say is:
oMi6jmP.png

Completing each of these quests gives out a massive amount of exp. and a Rebirth Potion, and the quest NPC is strategically placed right across the street from where Lorna and Pan appear when you're doing their quest chain. It's like the developers noticed that there were a lot of players who were reluctant to break 1000 total levels and give up the newbie benefits, and they set to work on a system that could successfully work either as a next step from or in tandem with the already existing early-game features that help newbies really get into the game. Do I think it's well done? Yes, I do.

The Rebirth Potions and the skill training bonuses that come with the 3-digit levels you reach make the loss of the free rebirth every 24 hours you get when you don't have a character over 1000 total levels, making the loss less of an inconvenience for single-character newbies and level 1000+ players making new alts to play. The insane initial level boost also makes it easier to take a fresh character and start doing dungeon runs right away, which is great for gaining early-game gold and getting to that feeling of being an adventurer in a fantasy world much faster. All of this, while giving players that nudge they need to move forward into the game's higher-level content instead of putting them into a position where they feel hesitant about moving beyond that 1000 total levels milestone for fear of losing the well-meaning training wheels the game provides them with. That's really good game design!

So, I'm really happy with the way that the Memoirs are designed. They nudge players toward getting more powerful and taking on higher-level challenges instead of creating a sort of "Support Cliff" that players are afraid to fall off of. It makes getting into the swing of things easier and faster, and it makes training skills like Windmill less of a pain in the tush. It gets rid of the feeling that you have to hold your main back for the sake of your alts. It's a really well-designed system that seems to have taken into account everything that would hold players back from advancing to that 1000 levels mark and beyond. Kudos!

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited June 2, 2019
    One problem is, between this and the Potetial System, you get flooded with rebirth potions that either expire in 6/7 days or you can only use at level 4999 and below. Plus the amount of time that characters can rebirth has been changed.
    The rebirth cycle for characters under level 5,000 has been changed.
    - If you are under cumulative level 1,000, you can rebirth once a day.
    - If you are between cumulative level 1,000 ~ 2,999, you can rebirth once every two days.
    - If you are between cumulative level 3,000 ~ 4,999, you can rebirth once every four days.
    - If you are above cumulative level 5,000, you can rebirth once every six days.

But yes, you have got to love all that leveling up.
    Danievictria
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Couldn't they directly fix the 1000 total level "cliff" instead of creating a gigantic new system to ease players around it? I think the answer is NO. Maybe the devs don't know how to alter old content, especially really old and foundational stuff like new player benefits, so they just add something new on top to cover it up.