Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blank of Mabius2?

SpareohSpareoh
Mabinogi Rep: 780
edited July 5, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
I was trading in artifacts for exploration level and a message flashed across the screen that "______" of Mabius2 recieved 3 AP. I was on my normal character, not my Ace, and I went to another vendor to trade in another just to see if it was a glitch and the same message popped up. What's Mabius2?

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited July 5, 2019
    As far as I know, "Mabius" and "Mabius2" are server names, before being changed to their official names (e.g. Mabius became Nao, as could be seen from the Cash Shop shortly before/after the merge). Chances are your account has an active Ace ability affecting a character on a test server (hence the [blank] of Mabius2). Though it's definitely not intended, I doubt it will affect your account in any way.

EDIT: Seems I've got it too. As far as I can tell, it affects characters that had an Ace Talent before the server merge, as the AP Support is referencing an entry that has been disabled (i.e. your supported character before the merge, since they are no longer in that server). It probably doesn't give any AP, and will vanish once you rebirth.
    Spareoh
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I did already have a Merlin Ace that I bought a year ago so that makes sense, thanks so much
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Draech wrote: »
    As far as I know, "Mabius" and "Mabius2" are server names, before being changed to their official names (e.g. Mabius became Nao, as could be seen from the Cash Shop shortly before/after the merge). Chances are your account has an active Ace ability affecting a character on a test server (hence the [blank] of Mabius2). Though it's definitely not intended, I doubt it will affect your account in any way.

EDIT: Seems I've got it too. As far as I can tell, it affects characters that had an Ace Talent before the server merge, as the AP Support is referencing an entry that has been disabled (i.e. your supported character before the merge, since they are no longer in that server). It probably doesn't give any AP, and will vanish once you rebirth.

My recollection was Nao displayed as Mabius5. The implication being that Mabius2 is one of the original three servers. My theory is your Ace support is trying to send AP to a character formerly in one of those servers - since the character was moved to Nao it isn't able to find the character name (or the proper display name of the old server).