Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Charge more broken than usual,or is it just me?

ChaosShadowChaosShadow
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
edited July 20, 2019 in General Chat
I'm attempting Charge's Dan 3 Advancement Test at what I assume to be relatively inactive hours of the day (2AM PST), I've disabled Nagle's Algorithm, I've turned off and set all visual settings to their minimums... I've done about everything I can to improve my connection to the servers and reduce lag, and yet I am still faced with a very prominent issue in the test.

I charge once and successfully hit the enemy, then I take two or three steps back to charge again, but when I use the skill, it activates and then immediately goes into cooldown while my character doesn't do anything.

I can only imagine that this is a displacement issue, but it's a very persistent one as it occurs almost every time I try to use Charge within the test.

Apologies if this seems more like a thread for Tech Support or Help. I was just wondering if anybody else has been having similar issues with this test.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 19, 2019
    I'm not sure if telling Nexon that you are using a VPN is a good idea...
    https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000955026-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-
    That permanent ban part is especially concerning. Also using a VPN can slow your internet down a bit. I would not use it during dan tests. I would also suggest not trying to do these tests on channel 1.
    ChaosShadow
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    This sounds normal for Charge. Also it cancels itself and goes into cooldown before hitting the target 75% of the time.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'm not sure if telling Nexon that you are using a VPN is a good idea...
    https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000955026-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-
    That permanent ban part is especially concerning. Also using a VPN can slow your internet down a bit. I would not use it during dan tests. I would also suggest not trying to do these tests on channel 1.

Ahh, I was not aware of this! Thank you for the warning. I have edited my post and have promptly stopped using it.
    jjeremy wrote: »
    This sounds normal for Charge. Also it cancels itself and goes into cooldown before hitting the target 75% of the time.

It's definitely a skill with issues, but what was happening to me during my attempts was worse than it has ever been. I don't think I have a chance at passing this test at all with how it's acting for me now. :(