Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Event Feedback

UItimaUItima
Mabinogi Rep: 685
in Feedback and Suggestions
I see a lot of event related forum posts in regards to feedback, and although I thoroughly enjoy the amount of events we have (I know some do not), I think of the Dragon Boating Event in particular brought Mabinogi to life in how it was constructed.

It required parties to form and take on the challenge of timing better than other players in friendly competition, whilst bringing us together.
It utilized a place in the game that isn't typically inhabited (Festia and Dunbarton don't require you to explore much)
In order to craft rafts people would utilize life skills to construct the boat, further immersing you into Mabi.
Players of skill had to really aid in the event due to the level of mobs, this could easily be replicated in a new one that caters to the present skillsets/stats having been implemented and discovered.
Ultimately the prizes were direct (we didn't need to stock up on any currencies to trade for later) and worth the fun without simply needing to afk or log in. At the time an auction board was not a thing and NPC'ing Selina Dresses for 66k while perhaps landing a dragon blade were great incentives that can yet again be reformatted to fit present Mabi.

Tl;Dr I'm not saying bring Dragon Boating back specifically, but I am asking to consider an event that encompasses some of the traits of a now dated event.
Amaraz

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I say bring Dragon Boat back specifically, lol. Just newer rewards.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I say bring back Dragon Boat when it's time for the Dragon Boat festival, about next Spring.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    More events that harness teamwork and community are great. I agree with original post.
  • ValeureuxValeureux
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    if events require multiple days of daily quests to do, Something at the end of it like a catch up period to finish stuff if you only needed like one or two quests to get the reward you wanted for the event. there has been a lot of events that i missed like just one day i needed then was completely out of luck. For example the current event, fantastic melody event. for the second part, i have 293 caravan joe's lost memory fragments. i would need 7 more, just one more day to get the completion reward unfortunately it ends today. and i'm sure i'm not the only one who would find some sort of extended catch up thing incredibly helpful.
  • ChiiyameChiiyame
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Adding an extension is general to these kinds of events would be nice. Sometimes I find during check-in events that I end up missing day because the time that I most often play is the same as the scheduled maintenance. Also sometimes the unscheduled maintenance happens but they don't always extend the event when that happens, they often do but not always. Sadly for the Fantastic Memory event I missed part 1 and am now 2 days short of getting the second to last bag extension item. =(
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Valeureux wrote: »
    if events require multiple days of daily quests to do, Something at the end of it like a catch up period to finish stuff if you only needed like one or two quests to get the reward you wanted for the event. there has been a lot of events that i missed like just one day i needed then was completely out of luck. For example the current event, fantastic melody event. for the second part, i have 293 caravan joe's lost memory fragments. i would need 7 more, just one more day to get the completion reward unfortunately it ends today. and i'm sure i'm not the only one who would find some sort of extended catch up thing incredibly helpful.

They have done that with certain events in the past. But I assume you want to see it done more often? Some events, like Fanastic Memory does need you to log on quite frequently in order to complete though. For the event quests, it takes 10 days average to do passively, so there are 4 extra days for those who might miss it. That's a lot, but sometimes things happen and people miss more time.

While one can earn missing pieces from Pan's shop, they do cost 500 memories each, a hefty amount of memories to gather if you're unable to leave your computer on.