Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Keys not functioning properly

haegolhaegol
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
in Technical Support
I recently got a new laptop but there are some issues when i try and play mabi for some odd reason it is making me press the "fn" key in order for me to activate my skills in F1 thorugh F12 which i find highly annoying is there a way to fix this issue because id rather have the fn keys working to only change volume brightness etc than of pressing it directly since it will cause problems later in since im already too used to just pressing F1 - F12 keys when playing

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Does it only behave like this when you play Mabinogi?

This sounds like something that can be fixed by changing your computer settings, but what steps to take (such as going through the Windows Mobility Center or changing your BIOS settings) will depend on what kind of computer you have. There are articles/posts online that can guide you through the process. Try looking up "How to Change Function Key Settings" (or related) in a search engine.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If it's a new laptop it is unlikely to be a bios issue, unless you're in the habit of screwing around with that. As @Fluorette suggested it is likely just a usage/settings issue. I assume it's Windows 10 and what model of laptop is it? Do you have an external keyboard you can use with it; maybe it will behave.