Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shepard has strange text (Halloween Event)

MidnightMidnight
in Bugs and Glitches
What is the issue: When talking to the Shepherd in Tir Chonaill for the Halloween event (spread of strangeness or whatever it was called) instead of saying something normal, he said something very short (no more than 20 characters long I'd say?) that included the letter S, an @ symbol, and "main", I believe. I only got a very brief look at it as I was kind of rushing through it, but I assume it was some kind of internal name or placeholder? Due to rushing through it, I wasn't able to get a screenshot unfortunately, and I don't think I'll be able to encounter it again for once since I think you only do that part once, if I understand correctly.
How to replicate: Well, I'm not sure. Nobody else has reported it, which suggests that it's not something being encountered just by talking to the shepherd. I did get the dialogue about the interactions manager from him before that, so it's possible that's related? Other than that, it's anyone's guess.
What I expected to happen: The shepherd would say something plot-relevant to the event.

Again, sorry for the lack of a screenshot. I hope this is of some use regardless.

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Ah, I remember that. I saw it, too; it's universal. It looked like a string of code.
    Because the text moved so quickly, I was unable to capture a screenshot of it myself. Like you, I had the Interaction Manager quest as well as the event quest.

Now I'm wondering if that text actually belonged to the Interaction Manager quest rather than the event one. :/
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited November 5, 2019
    Same here. It was most likely a code fragment. I'd rather say it belonged to the pet interaction introduction quest. Calculated that from the number of times having spoken to Deian and the number of quest steps. But then again, that means he literally said nothing concerning the event quest and just counted towards it. Or it might be a collision between the two quests' dialogues that produced the text we had and put it into one line.