Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stopping ESC from cancelling Fighter combos

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,220
edited October 24, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
It would be nice if the combo meter was similar to bash's meter and couldn't be cancelled with ESC. If I load defense, counter, or windmill, and the monster changes their attack, I might need to hit ESC to cancel defense but it cancels both defense AND the combo meter.

This is frustrating because if you click the skill balloon instead of hitting ESC, you can keep your combo after using defenses and counters but clicking the skill balloon can take your mouse off the monster which can be dangerous when you try to click on the monster again because you can accidentally click on another monster when they're grouped together and Fighter is such a 1v1 focused set of skills.

I don't think there's any reason for wanting ESC to continue cancelling your whole combo outside of the case where you keep the combo starter skills on F1 and F2 and can't use them again, mid-combo, unless you cancel. If anything, another setting option for "Cancelling Fighter Skills with ESC" could be added to the Game options.
DanievictriaTHICCthighssavelives