Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"This product cannot be installed."

RainbowzzRainbowzz
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
Hello there,

I am just enquiring to see if anyone has stumbled upon an actual fix for the issue of installing Mabinogi.
I have browsed the forums and google etc, and this seems to be a very common issue with SEA/Australia members over the last year or so.

The issue is that the Nexon Launcher refuses to download anything after 90%.
TMqjsyp

From here, it then proceeds to attempt to Verify, and comes up with the following error: "This product cannot be installed."
CEBf5q6

Now, from what I have seen in the .txt log files, my only assumption is that for some odd reason, the Nexon Launcher is the cause of the issue as to why it won't patch or download further.
From one of the log files, I have encountered this:
2019-12-07 13:44:46,912 - contenttools.patcher - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'G:\\Nexon\\mabinogi\\patchdata\\10000.manifest.hash'

Now, as you can see, it contains two \ for each part, and I think that is why it is having issues. I've taken out one of the \ myself and navigated manually to that location, and I can certainly see that the file exists.
dgZrQRK

I've already submitted a ticket with Nexon, but I don't know if it will get looked at, as I stumbled upon the error in an article, and that article seems to be based for Maplestory. I'll probably submit another one soon for Mabinogi.

So just wondering if anyone knows of a way to force or modify the patcher to attempt to read the actual location, and not \\ - or, if that might be the reason why it's not installing/updating etc.

Comments

• RainbowzzRainbowzz
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Hmm, the images don't seem to show up for me, so I've posted them here:
    https://imgur.com/a/KiGcOXa

Also, after fiddling around with it, I've managed to get to 94% now, but the issue is now with 10200.manifest.hash.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    So you can fully download the client, but, when installing, it looks like it still needs to further-download more files to complete the installation ? And it looks like there may be some «throttling» going on of the Internet-speed/connection at some point during this process. Are you on a laptop per chance ? I'd like to check if it's not just your ISP interfering with your band-width. Basically : Would you still get the same result from an unrestricted public Wi-Fi connection ?

And I still think most of the issues people are posting here in this Tech-Support section are highly likely to be Registry related.
    Have you scanned your registry for potential errors ? I know I had problems with Yahoo-Groups after a certain Windows-update, and several other group-members apparently also had the same problem, but, after I did my registry fix (with ZookaWare), I was able to download attachments again from the web-interface.

In any case, because there seems to be a «hash» file in question, you might be able to pull up some useful information with a Hash Tool Calculator to check where the «integrity» of the file might be having problems. Use it first on your Nexon-Launcher, then all of the files in the directory that are being downloaded from the Nexon-launcher, then forward the results to Nexon's tech-support (just keep in mind that these kinds of «investigations» can take quite a bit of time as it is still not yet known if the source-issue lies with AU ISPs, AU-versions of Windows, etc., so all we can do is remain patient as solutions are researched, and providing any additional information that may be of use to pin-pointing the root-cause of the problems).