Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make pons relevant again

SollSoll
Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
in Feedback and Suggestions
Pons. The one in-game currency directly derived from the cash shop.

It used to be the main way (if not only) to get beauty options, specific colors, and some homestead props.

Nowadays, it is a dead currency. Squire missions have a pon requirement that is honestly ridiculous. All the new homestead props and beauty options come to us in gachapon.

Seeing as buying things directly with pon has always been a much more likable, direct purchase way of getting things other than a gachapon, Pons should be used to obtain more stuff than currently available.

Make the smaller prizes (or the bigger, depending) of gachapons purchasable with pons. Use an NPC ingame which would have those fashion goodies in a shop of some kind in duality with the current gacha(s). Bring back pon options for homestead props, like the decorative flowers, minus any stat effects. Maybe even make the natural dye minigame/crafting a permanent pon option? The possibilities are honestly huge, and Pons would also be a great way to move away from the gachapon trend, what with the lootbox discussions.

Pons should be the game's main way to make money with more direct purchases, not gachapons.
  1. More pon usage?12 votes
    1. Yes
       92% (11 votes)
    2. No
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 5, 2020
    I wish all these beauty gacha craps could be turned Pon like it was supposed to be. But nah, Nexon knows it's more profitable to rely on whales who like the new updated appearances and none of them cares.
    KensamaofmarivamprynSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I wish all these beauty gacha craps could be turned Pon like it was supposed to be. But nah, Nexon knows it's more profitable to rely on whales who like the new updated appearances and none of them cares.

I concur.
    Pons should have more uses outside beauty and homestead, and even expanded uses for both.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Heck yes. It's a shame they just chucked Pon out the window.
    Also it would be nice to buy Style Tab for your whole account instead of one character, but that's for another day
    Draech
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I'd prefer they removed Pon entirely and just stick to using NX Gold. I mean... You purchase a fake currency with real currency to purchase a separate fake currency. Let that sink in for a moment and realize how stupid that sounds.
    Squee wrote: »
    I'd prefer they removed Pon entirely and just stick to using NX Gold. I mean... You purchase a fake currency with real currency to purchase a separate fake currency. Let that sink in for a moment and realize how stupid that sounds.

Welcome to the 21st century
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565

Indeed.

But anyway, in all seriousness, pons are a bit unnecessary at the moment.

Indeed.

But anyway, in all seriousness, pons are a bit unnecessary at the moment.

Well, that's why there's the suggestions here to either make it more useful, or get rid of them altogether.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    WHOA...ARE YOU AWARE THIS A GAME KIDS ALSO PLA-

*reads thread title again*.

Oh...well I agree.