Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doll AI needs an update!

LuffiyLuffiy
Mabinogi Rep: 590
in Feedback and Suggestions
I recently got a red monkey from the Pre-generation event and I am amazed at how fast the monkey can detect items. It makes the Dolls look like they are sleeping in comparison.

My idea is simple, update the Doll AI code to whatever item detection code the Red Monkey is using. The dolls are way too slow and is almost always faster to just pick up the items yourself.
THICCthighssavelivesAtheist42

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They already did update Dollbag AI's, because it was even worse. Red Monkey pet is a crap decision because it has a limited inventory and picks up every trash item and you can't even stop him from that. You can't even drop most things with him summoned because he will pick it back up.
  • LuffiyLuffiy
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    Greta wrote: »
    They already did update Dollbag AI's, because it was even worse. Red Monkey pet is a crap decision because it has a limited inventory and picks up every trash item and you can't even stop him from that. You can't even drop most things with him summoned because he will pick it back up.

Which is why I'm saying the dolls need another update. Each doll has their own rules on what they pick up, but their item detection date is horrible. If the money can detect it immediately, the dolls should be able too as well.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Definitely agreed.
    Some days my doll bags will move to pick up gold like clockwork, each of the three picking up a pile of gold and moving swiftly to the next ones.. other days, well.. they go after the same dang pile of gold and then move back to where I am, think about if they wanna keep picking up items for a century or two, and then they go pick up something else.
    It's hit or miss with their stupid AI..
    Also agreed, the monkey is completely useless. It picks up crap I don't want and when I actually want them to pick up something, they just 'Hmmph!'
    They are the bane of my existence.
    Especially with this log in event which gave me two of them so far, not even counting the one red monkey we got long ago for.. I don't even remember..
    ArjuneSquee
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 13, 2020
    You are really lucky for event getting those monkeys... I only got Alban Knights Training Grounds Stone Selection Box once... And all other times it was Experience Fruit...
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Sherri wrote: »
    Definitely agreed.
    Some days my doll bags will move to pick up gold like clockwork, each of the three picking up a pile of gold and moving swiftly to the next ones.. other days, well.. they go after the same dang pile of gold and then move back to where I am, think about if they wanna keep picking up items for a century or two, and then they go pick up something else.
    It's hit or miss with their stupid AI..
    Also agreed, the monkey is completely useless. It picks up crap I don't want and when I actually want them to pick up something, they just 'Hmmph!'
    They are the bane of my existence.
    Especially with this log in event which gave me two of them so far, not even counting the one red monkey we got long ago for.. I don't even remember..

At least they're picking up gold for you. Some days my dolls won't even pick up gold at all. They'll just run around in circles around me like they have no idea where they are in space or time even when I'm literally standing on piles of gold. Some days they don't even work at all for me.
    Atheist42