Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blacklist + Audio Ideas

MhaolMhaol
Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
edited February 17, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
A Few small ideas that could better a Player's experience in Mabi.

-A better Blacklist System
+Have Blacklist separate from Friendlist, so we don't have to clear out the Blacklist to add more friends.
+Have Blacklist cover the Party Chat too. So you can Blacklist someone who has a Spam-Ad flooding Party Chat.

-More Sound effect Options
+Mute option for Mini-Gems.
+Mute Option for other Player's combat Skills. [Perhaps an option similar to player-music. All/Party/Me]

The Sound effect option covers so much of the audio in the game: Combat, Mobs, Weather, Pets, Mini-gems, Chat notifications. etc. It would be nice to spread those options out a bit more, so people could customize what they want to hear in the game.
~Stolias of Ruairi

Alicien

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Stolias wrote: »
    +Have Blacklist cover the Party Chat too. So you can Blacklist someone who has a Spam-Ad flooding Party Chat.

Personally I think this is kind of a difficult task, since everyone uses a party to advertise an item they want to get rid of at a decent price. It might better be solved if we had the same Auction interface KR has right now, although I don't know if it's the same as the VIP housing or if we'll be getting it.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    Personally I think this is kind of a difficult task, since everyone uses a party to advertise an item they want to get rid of at a decent price. It might better be solved if we had the same Auction interface KR has right now, although I don't know if it's the same as the VIP housing or if we'll be getting it.

The Auction system can help with selling, but if you have someone blacklisted, you don't want to see their ads to begin with.
    On Ruairi server we have people who abuse a glitch to cause their Ad to repeat dozens of times in a single chat Rotation, and that gets fairly annoying, especially if they're using the ad to say negative comments.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Maybe a double blacklist, so when you blacklist a person they cannot see you either.
    MhaolAlicien
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Stolias wrote: »

The Auction system can help with selling, but if you have someone blacklisted, you don't want to see their ads to begin with.
    On Ruairi server we have people who abuse a glitch to cause their Ad to repeat dozens of times in a single chat Rotation, and that gets fairly annoying, especially if they're using the ad to say negative comments.

Normally Glitches should be reported along with the abuser, which can be done by sending a ticket with some sort of proof. Also, the negative commenters should be reported too if it's really spammed that often.
  • AlicienAlicien
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Reviving this post and to add to it... I wish we were able to blacklist players without having to be near the player. There have been too many occasions where players get harassed through notes,friend requests, and the like and all we can do is "Block" the person from communication if they are an added friend, but note function is still accessible. There is another function to add people to the blacklist via Options but as I have tested it doesn't do anything. I agree with blacklisting being a function to not only block communication from players, but the player that has been blocked not being able to see the player that blocked them too. Nexon, please revamp this system.
    Mhaol