Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

why is mabi trying to hide the story about Soluna?

MoonishMoonish
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited February 17, 2017 in Town Square
I noticed some posts were being deleted? What gives?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
  • MoonishMoonish
    So I read the passage, and from what I understand..... the problem was apparently already solved. HOWEVER what's with the "on-going investigations, we discovered the item was obtained by the player via clerical error?" That line is so ambiguous, it leaves room for debate whether it was intentional or unintentional.
  • MoonishMoonish
    I don't seek to harass anyone for such matter, however I do feel like a more elaborate explanation as to how the blade appeared in the first place is mandated. It did practically stir the community up.
  • MoonishMoonish
    Haha, tbh I would just like a simple elaboration as to how the blade appeared. That's all. Nothing too exciting. A blade doesn't JUST appear in someone's hand.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Moonish wrote: »
    I don't seek to harass anyone for such matter, however I do feel like a more elaborate explanation as to how the blade appeared in the first place is mandated. It did practically stir the community up.

To answer that in a way that this community would want would require them to name who did it. You might not want to know who did it and simply want to know what sort of accidental circumstances occurred, but the gigantic drama crowd that plays this game would stir up another crap-storm over this unless they have someone else to throw blame on. They keep things vague to protect the people involved, and to avoid creating a giant flame war over an unsatisfactory answer.
  • MoonishMoonish
    Hm, that's a fair assessment. I actually agree on the anonymity that should be taken as a precaution. However that doesn't solve the issue of how the blade magically appeared. Yeah they could probably give a reason and have it backfire, but I feel as though the integrity of the officials of this game is a bit skewed as of now. I honestly don't care if they choose not to, but they should restore the player's faith in them. Before this whole thing goes down in flames.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    edited February 17, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

To answer that in a way that this community would want would require them to name who did it. You might not want to know who did it and simply want to know what sort of accidental circumstances occurred, but the gigantic drama crowd that plays this game would stir up another crap-storm over this unless they have someone else to throw blame on. They keep things vague to protect the people involved, and to avoid creating a giant flame war over an unsatisfactory answer.

why does it need a player name at all?

cant it be done through hacks or some -do not dodge the language filter- walking stuff people do in speedruns for tons of games?
  • MoonishMoonish
    edited February 17, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

cant it be done through hacks or some -do not dodge the language filter- walking stuff people do in speedruns for tons of games?

Not really. Not when another gm claims that the problem was discovered and labeled this "on-going investigations, we discovered the item was obtained by the player via clerical error?"
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited February 17, 2017
    Hm, that's a fair assessment. I actually agree on the anonymity that should be taken as a precaution. However that doesn't solve the issue of how the blade magically appeared. Yeah they could probably give a reason and have it backfire, but I feel as though the integrity of the officials of this game is a bit skewed as of now. I honestly don't care if they choose not to, but they should restore the player's faith in them. Before this whole thing goes down in flames.

There's really no way to do that without Nexon probably breaking some internal privacy policy. If it was done through a ticket flub, they can't talk about the tickets here. If it was something else, there's probably some rule keeping that private.

I'm not sure what you mean. If a tool that let a player make items from thin air existed, it would have been used for something worse than a status symbol by now (and everyone would know about it, at that point).
  • MoonishMoonish
    edited February 17, 2017
    Due to problems regarding with reply, im going to just quote you Buffalo.

"There's really no way to do that without Nexon probably breaking some internal privacy policy. If it was done through a ticket flub, they can't talk about the tickets here. If it was something else, there's probably some rule keeping that private."

There are actually various preventative measures to avoid breaching the so called "internal privacy policy." (if that even exists...) The first and foremost way to go is probably just the standard censorship. It doesn't take any name disclosure to reveal how this situation came about. All it requires is a third person statement as to how this problem came about and what measures were taken regarding it.
  • MoonishMoonish
    edited February 17, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Well that is a bit pointless to ask isn't it ?
    Since the item in question is not even there anymore.
    Beside what do you want to do with the answer ?
    Writing it in your diary ?
    XD

Haha, why not? My diary would love to have the answer. Sadly I don't write dairies though. I just wish to seek answers for this madness that our community is undergoing. Just because they erased the item in question, that doesn't make everyone suddenly happy again. The damage was done..

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Well that is a bit pointless to ask isn't it ?
    Since the item in question is not even there anymore.
    Beside what do you want to do with the answer ?
    Writing it in your diary ?
    XD

Haha, why not? My diary would love to have the answer. Sadly I don't write dairies though. I just wish to seek answers for this madness that our community is undergoing. Just because they erased the item in question, that doesn't make everyone suddenly happy again. The damage was done..

The item in question was made due to "A Clerical Error." We can probably assume it was given the the player as a compensation or event reward item and someone got a line of code wrong, or had no idea what a Soluna Blade was and never bothered to ask a Senpai.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I have 2 theories about the sword :P

theory 1: Maybe a player somehow sent a fake screenshot in a ticket claiming to have lost the sword that never existed. There are GM's that know absolutely nothing about Mabi that answer tickets for Mabi. Maybe that GM just sent the player the Soluna to replace the one they lost... that never existed in the first place

theory 2: Daraeus likes to flaunt those swords around during GM events XD. maybe he accidentally dropped one. that would be kinda hilarious tbh

Then again, that's just a theory. a Mabinogi clerical error theory!

11137957_432742466889586_734585347_n.jpg

(this post was for fun please don't kill me Daraeus)
    Darkpixie99SylviaWolfeSherriGreta
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I really think the problem is that the blade is so hard to get that the first one has to be obtained through "clerical error". When will it be more readily available?
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    @OP
    I think you're looking to far into it. It shouldn't matter at this point, as it's already resolved.
  • MoonishMoonish
    Well like you said. The damage is already done. Beside you cant really make everyone happy even if you did get the answer. But since you insist on getting an answer, why not try the life chat ?
    You will have better chance of finding a reply over there compared to here.

I can't make everyone happy, but I'm sure the answer will satisfy many people of their anger.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Nichee wrote: »
    I really think the problem is that the blade is so hard to get that the first one has to be obtained through "clerical error". When will it be more readily available?

This actually isn't the first error it's appeared in, but there has been talk on the forum that it might be an impossible craft, even if we involve the community for one blade. We might never get it if some clever GM never comes up with a feasible way to get the blade legitimately, or Nexon may have blacklisted it entirely.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I'm sure Nexon's policies only allow them to give out so much information publicly. This matter was already addressed, so there is no need to continue this discussion. Thread will now be locked.
This discussion has been closed.