Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jabchiel(may be spoilers inside)

MissFortuneMissFortune
Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
in General Chat
Did anyone else recognize the name Jabchiel(the boss from the music dungeon)?
Blissfulkill
  1. Did anyone else recognize the name Jabchiel?25 votes
    1. Yes
       56% (14 votes)
    2. No
       40% (10 votes)
    3. Who???
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Nope.. I must confess I did not.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    edited December 16, 2016
    I will never not be over this I can't believe it.
    I wouldn't have known if you didn't point it out in Discord, but it's amazing.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    He's that fomor wizard who fought Mores by trying to drop Ladeca onto Erinn.

I had no idea he was related to music though. Was a surprise.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    andrewngn13

Musicians of Erinn(book)
    The problem here is people trying to instill magical powers into songs. Like Enn's case, music was once spread by Druids, and because of that, the fact that some druids used it for magic purposes may have been an unavoidable side-effect. One of the all-time sinister wizards ever, Zavkiel, especially was a master at that.

On the other hand, Maurus, the great wizard that put an end to Zavkiel's destruction, believed that although druids can listen to music to understand how the society worked, but using them for magical purposes was a definite no no to him.

Maurus(Mores) Zavkiel(Jabchiel)

• TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    New update actually references previous generations - I can't express my joy enough! When they mentioned Uaithne I was half-expecting another retcon, but Chapter 3 is still relevant. The future looks bright.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    andrewngn13

He's been connected as the reason why high-ranking musicians were able to make magical music scrolls in C1
    KingEphy
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The one that summoned the meteor on Sen Mag? Was it with a Song of Destruction?
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    I do wonder if this means they'll make some things of g1-g3 relevant again.
    KingEphy
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    I'm still not completely certain if the music book spelled their names incorrectly on purpose or there was a mix up in translations.