Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Random disconnects

TokeruTaichouTokeruTaichou
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support
Hi everyne.

I just started playing, and I have almost no lags at all, yet randomly without warning, about once every 1-2 hours I randomly get disconnected and get a message "please wait 30 seconds before logging in again".
When I do log in, there are no problems, but this is really annoying, and has caused me to lose dungeons I worked hard on...
Might anyone have a solution to this?
I disabled Nagle's algorithm and set the MTU on 1500. Other then that I have not made any changes.

Thank you!

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Wired connection is best but if you're already on wired and not using wireless then you might still want to double-check any other programs (or streaming videos) that might be using up band-width, whether there are other people at your house-hold who might be making heavy use of Internet-traffic, perhaps there might be an e-mail (or other similar) programme you're using that «synchronizes» once every hour or two which could be causing enough of a latency-spike to result in getting disconnected, etc. Also, I think that if you're in a party, and as long as at least one party member is still in the Dungeon/Mission, you should/might be able to re-join the Dungeon/Mission upon re-logging if disconnected. Perhaps you can make arrangements with someone who's willing to be a «Place-Holder» for you when you choose/decide to run content (been a while since I've last tested/tried/checked this kind of stuff out since I haven't disconnected from Dungeons/Missions for a long while so I am not entirely sure if it necessarily works this way or not or if I just have alternate-universe memories of a Mabinogi where it did).

I'll hold off on coming up with anything too «technical» for now; you can see/get a list of running/active programs with the Ctrl+Shift+Esc short-cut in order to see if there might be some other programmes running that might be taking up unnecessary band-width to turn off if necessary.