Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Secondary password rereset?

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
in Help
Greetings.
I've started experiencing an issue recently that doesn't allow me to relog to the game for another hour or so after each abnormal disconnect or shutdown. When I press the Start button, instead of asking for the secondary password, it asks me to set it, and then gives a message that something is amiss and the connection cannot be established (in other formulation, which I don't remember, and I haven't made a screenshot so far), featuring number 3.
I've experienced abnormal disconnects and shutdowns before, but they never led to this secondary password issue, so I'm not sure of what it really means.
Is there any intel on it?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This been happening for me as well. Restarting my computer seems to fix it, for me at least.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hi, Musicat!

This is a very recent issue. What generally works on my end is exiting the client, exiting the NX Launcher (located in the icons/hidden icons at the bottom of the PC screen), and waiting 5-10 minutes. After that, the issue disappears upon re-logging.

I thought yesterday's maintenance was attempting to address that particular issue. I guess the update to the login servers did not. :/
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 28, 2020
    Fluorette wrote: »
    What generally works on my end is exiting the client, exiting the NX Launcher (located in the icons/hidden icons at the bottom of the PC screen), and waiting 5-10 minutes.
    Glad it helps. But it doesn't work for me. I tried closing them, terminating the processes (and not), clearing the temporary directories even, and restarting the PC doesn't help as well. The error only disappears with time.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 28, 2020
    this probably isn't a problem with the Nexon Launcher since this is happening after you get to the screen where you enter or create your second password. once mabi successfully launches you can close the Nexon Launcher completely so it is most likely a problem with mabi itself. maybe try checking and repairing the files for mabi from the Nexon Launcher to make sure everything is working the way it should. if you usually connect wirelessly to your modem use a ethernet cord to connect instead, might at least give a more stable connection and you might not disconnect as often.
    Musicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 29, 2020
    @Negumiko , I've repaired the game files already, even reinstalled the game (due to another issue). And I'm using a wire connection. It's a server issue, supposedly. Like, as if the character remains in-game longer than it's supposed to and is unable to be knocked out by a new login request. Come think of it, this may work as a protection against hackers who interfere with your connection to log onto your characters.
  • IamFluffehIamFluffeh
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    ya not the only one, I got asked to set secondary password repeatedly too. It's so annoying :L