Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need help of a nexon staff that understands HTML

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited February 19, 2017 in Town Square
I would like to design my forum posts with some complex HTML including CSS to automatically apply formatting to certain parts of my threads and was wondering if I created a CSS sheet in an outside program could it be used to override the plain forum designs? This was much easier to accomplish using BBC however since the new forums do not allow for that input I am having great difficulty with achieving the layout design design I want to use which includes multiple pictures. If i need to I can put in a ticket to get more specific help. i do not feel comfortable sharing my layout code on public threads because of an exguildmember stealing information form my forums in the past. I would also like to protect my threads from being screen captured and copied straight up. i dont appreciate these petty people taking credit for something that had zero percent in developing.

I am a recent web development graduate and understand well how to create layouts from scratch. I have 7 years experience working with HTML and CSS however I feel this particular version is limiting me. What I hope to achieve is an understanding of what I am allowed to customize with these forums so I can work on making custom forum layouts for my posts including some character art I am working on getting done really soon.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    As of maybe a month ago, forum posts are now made in BBCode and no longer in HTML.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    It seems my thread is stuck on using HTML instead of BBC. I'll send in a ticket to get it switched over so the tags properly read and I can start coding my thread.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    @Samuelalex

Creating another thread will automatically make it into BBCode.

If you'd like, you can create another thread and PM me or post your old thread link here and we can remove it.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Or you can use a 3th party app on chrome/firefox called stylish and the nexon forums will not change.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited February 20, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I would like to design my forum posts with some complex HTML including CSS to automatically apply formatting to certain parts of my threads and was wondering if I created a CSS sheet in an outside program could it be used to override the plain forum designs?
    Overrided CSS is one of the reason the forum switched to BBCode instead of keeping html, I highly doubt they'll change that again.

Samuelalex wrote: »
    I would also like to protect my threads from being screen captured and copied straight up. i dont appreciate these petty people taking credit for something that had zero percent in developing.
    Unfortunately, this is impossible. And I'm not talking about the forum here, I'm talking about html. If you post it, anyone can copy it.
    There are ways to make copying a bit more annoying than just selecting and pressing ctrl-c, but that wouldn't stop anyone that really wants to copy.

Your best option, if you want to freely style your post and make it hard to copy, is to use images (tho I advise against it, as it makes the page heavy, and might make the texts too small on phones)

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited February 20, 2017
    Thanks for the advise and help ^^ I think my thread is confused which coding formatting it is supposed to be using. The first post asks me to use simplified HTML while the other sequential posts ask for BBC so It maybe due to the fact I created the thread pretty early on after the forums were switched over. I put in a request to get assistance with changing the formatting style to BBC and once that is complete I can go though and add the imagines and things I want to use in the threads. I actually have over 10 years experience designing thread layouts in BBC so its fun for me and gives people something nice to look at aside from my big walls of text lol.

I slightly remember a way to protect websites from allowing right click and drag/highlight functions when viewing them, but it was rather complicated to setup and required quiet a bit of tweaking to CSS and stuff. As suggested though I'll be using some custom layouts and designs I have created and refined over the years so if other people try to mimic it I'd think it would stand out that I did it first. Want to give me threads a more unique feel to them ^^
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    What I was referring to actually uses JQuery but I am not sure if something similar exists in HTML or BBC. Most likely not, but I wonder if an image hosting site would prevent to copy and paste of content? I remember deviantart having something like a gray image replacing an image that was attempted to be saved from their system. I guess there isnt a way to protect my content from being used by others which is disappointing.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited February 23, 2017
    Guess I'll play around with some stuff and see what I can make with the mixed formatting lol. Thanks for the help anyways. I'll have to use the trial and error method so see what functions work and what don't.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Anything here can be print-screened, so there's not really a way to protect anything.