Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on Farming Baltane Elites Passes

Gold_DragonGold_Dragon
Mabinogi Rep: 740
in General Chat
Today again I was doing my daily siege and counterattack runs when a couple of Elite Baltane Passes drops and once again I could not pick them up because they seem 2 be counted as drops for the NPCs in the mission. Has this happen been happening to anyone else?

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Baltane-Passes rarely drop for me from those two particular Baltane-Missions. Non-Trade-ables cannot be picked up if finished by NPC.
    For that matter non-trade-ables cannot be picked up if finished by anybody else... including NPCs...
    Today again I was doing my daily siege and counterattack runs when a couple of Elite Baltane Passes drops and once again I could not pick them up because they seem 2 be counted as drops for the NPCs in the mission. Has this happen been happening to anyone else?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Yes, except this happens to me with event drops (like the Thank-you Notes from the anniversary).

Like Habimaru indicated, you've gotta make sure you deal the blow, rather than your Squires, to pick those particular drops up.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited May 10, 2020
    I'm going to assume the original poster is aware of why they couldn't be picked up.

I've had it happen, yes, and it's frustrating whenever it does. Similarly I've had it happen during events where every enemy is potentially dropping the current event items. It would be awfully nice if squire kills could be turned into counting as player kills, or make it so the player can finish, or even make the squires attacking something that can be turned off.

I will say though, in Siege Weapon this can be avoided by not releasing all of the trapped units. You can save some of them (so your squires don't die) but leave at least one of them, then take on the orb spawns. Once you're done with the orb spawns, you go save whatever units are left. This assumes you're able to take on the orb spawns without the squires distracting enemies of course.
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    Just throw cash on Nexon and buy VIP. You will get more than enough baltane mission elite passes.