Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Kerune Boss Solved

AmarazAmaraz
Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
in Help
If you were wondering like me, how the heck do I do the mini-game for Kerune where you ride on his back, I'm here to explain! :D

TLDR; spam the opposite wasd key of the red flash edge of your screen.

===============
Details
===============
Warning sign: Kerune will first use a yellow shield that domes around him, this is your prompt to get near him.
Button Prompt: After you break his shield with damage, a button prompt will flash slightly the left center of your screen, left click it to mount him.
Red Screen Borders: Once on Kerune's back, he will be flailing about. Look for red flashes on one of the four edges of your screen, (left, right, bottom, top) One side will be picked to flash red 5-8 times (I think) It's very important that you don't click any keys until you know which side the red flash is on.
Spam Opposite Key: Once you see which side the red is on your screen, you have to spam the opposite 'wasd' key. When the red goes away and picks a new side (or the same side again) make sure you're not hitting unnecessary keys (you will insta die if you mess any of it up)

===============
Example
===============

The right side of my screen is flashing red, I spam a until it's not red
The left side of my screen is red, I spam d until it's not red
The top side of my screen is red, I spam s until it's not red
The bottom side of my screen is red, I spam w until it's not red

If you dont spam fast enough, you will insta die
If you hit the wrong key once, you will insta die
If you take too long hitting the right key, you will insta die

To be fair, this was VERY EASY for me once I figured out how to do it right. Typing it all up makes it sound more difficult than it really is.
Hope this helps!

Comments

• Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited August 15, 2020
    Out of curiosity, what exactly does completing this "mini game" so-to-speak do? From what I've seen, it seems like it makes the boss significantly easier to kill, but I would love if someone could confirm that for me.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot! Thanks for the information! It's very helpful.
    Amaraz
  • hothead1021hothead1021
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    edited August 15, 2020
    According to one of my friends who saw this happen, upon completing the minigame, the boss becomes staggered and they take ALOT more damage than normal, with a full party of 8 you can easily take him down afterwords
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Yes, can confirm Kerune becomes very susceptible to damage after you complete the mini-game.