Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Simplify method of applying divine link

Atheist42Atheist42
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm a big fan of designing interfaces in a way that avoids unnecessary keystrokes and mouse actions.

Currently to apply Divine Link to a pet we have to
* charge the skill, typically by clicking a hot key
* click the summoned pet to apply it.

I suggest the 2nd step should be unnecessary, since there is only one possible target for the skill: the currently summoned pet. Clicking the hot key should be enough to make both steps happen automatically.

Currently the 2nd step can be troublesome. One example is when waiting at the entry to a busy dungeon where lots of players have pets summoned, such as the new Mag Mell dungeons. When there are multiple parties waiting, it can be difficult to find your own pet amongst the masses. Another example is small pets like the mini-hamster and some of the fairies like Blaanid. These pets can be hard to click on even when there aren't other players blocking the view. Even when you zoom in to make the pet a bigger target these can be hard to click on, since their status icons overlap the pet, and clicking on the status icon doesn't seem to work. It's even worse when the pet hovers in an unpredictable manner like Blaanid. Any chagne that eliminates the need to actually click on the pet is a good one.
  1. Should the need to click on a pet to apply Divine Link be removed.4 votes
    1. Yes - I want to extend the useful lifetime of my mouse.
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No - I like unnecessary clicks since I'm working on an RSI compensation claim.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sounds smart.

Usually holding Alt to see your pet's name can make it a little easier to click small pets amidst the chaos, but that can even be less reliable if there's lots of names all shifting around or can't even be done in the case of your Fynni Fynn pet which doesn't have a name above its head to use this method.
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    tbh idk why you have to click your pet, one would think to make it auto