Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stuck without any pets

ShiranaiShiranai
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited October 4, 2020 in Help
I made a new character on the Nao server after I've been playing on Alexina for a bit. I play for awhile so when I get to the point to use the horse whistle nothing showed up? I already have a horse and 3 other mounts on Alexina. Am I just cursed forever, bound to my feet on Nao? Is this just a broken part of the game? I don't want to walk all around Dunbarton and Tir Chornail. Do I just have to find a mount that I don't have on Alexina?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 6, 2020
    If the character is on the same account, and you already claimed for Alexina, then you are enfiretrucked, as the horse and eagle are per account not per server. I don't know if deleting the Alexina horse and eagle will help or not.
  • ShiranaiShiranai
    Well darn! That kind of blows. I'll have to see what I can do. Thank you for the explanation though! Much appreciated.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Shiranai wrote: »
    Well darn! That kind of blows. I'll have to see what I can do. Thank you for the explanation though! Much appreciated.

Well, I mean, you COULD just make a new account. The only official rules about multiple accounts are:
    1) You can only make one new account per day.
    2) You can only make 5 new accounts per 30 days.
    Other than that, go to town.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Could try and attempt to complete G9 for the Pegasus since the completion is per character if I am not mistaken.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You should be able to use the traveler's guide still, which would cut down the distance you would have to walk by going directly to that moongate and give you sufficient time to get a free mount.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Okay it sounds silly but just try this: keep spam talking to the NPC that is demanding you to summon a pet. They've apparently implemented a way for the NPC (Dilys and later on Andras for the eagle) to detect that you have no whistles and no pets, and to let you pass the quest regardless.

Let us know if it still works so I can decide whether or not to start complaining about it again
  • HelsaHelsa
    Eralea wrote: »
    Okay it sounds silly but just try this: keep spam talking to the NPC that is demanding you to summon a pet. They've apparently implemented a way for the NPC (Dilys and later on Andras for the eagle) to detect that you have no whistles and no pets, and to let you pass the quest regardless.

Let us know if it still works so I can decide whether or not to start complaining about it again

Hm? I may look into that! Thanks!
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300

Wouldn't just using a fynn pet whistle save the hassle?
    Also I think OP's concern is about not having a mount for faster travel.
  • ShiranaiShiranai

Cool thing about that. Already got past those quests. Didn't even need to spam the NPCs. Did it first time I got back to them. So it's not really a quest issue. I have a Shadow Book and everything. But I just got them slow human legs so moving isn't as fast as those elves I see running around.

I've never even gotten to G9 yet... Farthest I've gotten is around G3! And I don't even know about pet whistles. But I suppose that means I should get working on those. Thank you folk for the info!
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 8, 2020

Cool thing about that. Already got past those quests. Didn't even need to spam the NPCs. Did it first time I got back to them. So it's not really a quest issue. I have a Shadow Book and everything. But I just got them slow human legs so moving isn't as fast as those elves I see running around.

I've never even gotten to G9 yet... Farthest I've gotten is around G3! And I don't even know about pet whistles. But I suppose that means I should get working on those. Thank you folk for the info!

Oh, if getting around on something faster than a running human is the issue, then all you need is a Dream Catcher. You can be Pinkie Pie by reaching Rank E.
    il_570xN.1338830989_3ey9.jpg
    That sentence will make sense once you do so.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500

You should be able to do certain quests because they do not pertain to the G1-G3 much like G6 is it's own via Iria and introduction to Giants and Elves. So G9 has it's own and can be started alongside if I'm not mistaken.