Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Buy Carrot, Cannot Sell Carrot Back... !?

bkun13bkun13
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Bugs and Glitches
Steps:
1. First Time Buy NX (Returning player, and I guess any transactions prior to ... 2009(?) were deleted. Having some similar issues with Maplestory too)
2. Purchased VIP-30day
3. Go to Grocery Store(NPC)
4. Buy Carrot
5. Attempt to Sell Carrot back

Expected:
Sell the carrot (or any other in-game common sellable item). (This is a basic function of the game)

Actual:
Receive a "Trade Restriction" warning for 7 days. I basically am stuck with losing BASIC Functionality of the game for this same week. This translates to 7 days of VIP that I am also not happy with, because it is completely Frustrating!... One being submitting a ticket to get a copy/paste of the "Trade Restrictions" support page that did not mention that "dropping in-game loot" or "starting dungeons" or "selling unwanted in-game items" would also be heavily Restricted for a whole week.(Covering this under "certain trade-related actions in-game" is a gross understatement). I've also noticed that this seems to be a casually ignored issue, and barely gets attention. I even submitted a ticket, and received a standard "copy/paste of the Trade Restriction policy" answer which doesn't even come close to addressing why the design is to inflict paying customers with unnecessary pain in-game.

Other serious UX issues:
1. Can't drop common, in-game items. (e.g. "Branches" I just gathered from a tree).
2. Can't 'drop' (Give) the Dungeon Altar a Quest Item "Trefor's Pass" to complete (Tutorial)Quest: Lost Townsperson (Quest Item, or simple Turn-in functionality is not often recognized as Dropping or Trading, if it's intended to be removed from the game as a 'token')

Idea:
If you are wanting to protect people for a week... just limit their "First Time" NX Point purchase to one-week restriction on further NX Point purchases.
At the least, I don't see how difficult it would be to encapsulate the in-game basic items/functionality from the NX Premium items, and limit NX Shop purchases (which is a borderline reason, and I lean to disagree). If it's that complicated, then it started with a whole mess, and I don't envy the engineers that have to untangle that knot. (I understand the million-lines of spaghetti code).

My current feeling:
All of this very extra in-game restriction is terrible UX. It's beyond terrible. Especially for a returning customer/player. I'm regretting even bothering spending money at this moment, and wouldn't if I had known up front that it was going to cause this much trouble. People only need 7 days to go out, and find a different game to play. This is how I spent Day 1 after purchasing your NX/VIP stuff, and hoping to actually enjoy it. This is... a fiery abyss of a welcome back, in reality.