Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tutorial "task mode" sections not working?

CashCashishCashCashish
in General Chat
Extremely lost. For example, it's "teaching" me how to play "battle music" yet I can't even preform the painfully basic combos that I'm clearly doing? On screen the game is telling me to press f1, followed by left click then left click again. I press f1 on an enemy, it says success on f1 and then immediately says fail on the next left click, not even giving me a chance to use the 2 follow up skills, which is clicking left click again twice. It's done this for puppeteer, ninja, bows, they're all broken or bugged, I am so lost here. Another example. Trying out Puppeteer. "Press F10 then F9".... okay... I press f10 then get stuck in an animation then it finishes and says "fail" over f9. Has the tutorial always been this bugged and something I should just skip out on? It's my first time trying out the game and already I'm getting extremely frustrated over how straightforward these "tutorials" are on paper yet I'm "failing" every basic command I'm most definitely doing correctly? Kiiiiinda already looking to uninstall at this point if it's already this jank, I hope I'm wrong and the game gets better :/

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    It's trying to also teach you timing. Is it possible if you can post a video to show us what you are doing?
    Helsa
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    You do not have to use the exact same hot-keys that they set as a default-load. You can actually move them (the buttons/icons) around to be more suited to which buttons/hot-keys you want to use to activate corresponding skills. I have not used the defaults for a long time since I always change my hot-keys settings, but, amongst those settings, they have an option to queue skills so that they will automatically be used in sequence after the first skill was used (may be better to disable this or set it to once only reserve-attack).

Although I have not gotten to it yet, I have been planning for a while to create a tutorial on setting/configuring & using hot-keys, because it is a very useful tool/feature that I have noticed that only very few people seem to make full use of and it would probably help out a lot of people like you who are just starting out. One more thing that needs to be mentioned... latency (AKA/Also-Known-As: lag) will be more significant the further away your location is from Oregon (where the servers supposedly are). A large distance, such as across the ocean, will still have significant latency even with the Nagle Algorithm Disabled.

Some of those combo skills expected by the tutorials, for your reference, will only count if triggered on the practice-dummy; for example, when it comes to Defense as a sequence-skill, it only counts when your character is attacked while the defense-skill is active (without any cancellations or re-loads). Merely loading a particular skill in the specified sequence isn't always enough in order to advance the tutorial-quests. I need to get back to rest for now since I still have off-line poison to remove from my body/system but this should be sufficient information to get you progressing (I will post link to my MabInstruction-videos at another time/day after I get them re-recorded & ready since for some reason I couldn't find some of the original footage that I was planning to use).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Are you using an HP Laptop by any chance?