Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How does commerce work?

The_BiggestThe_Biggest
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited December 1, 2020 in Help
I've been reading guides and getting help from friends, but have been getting a lot of conflicting information about the following:
A) March song: Some people say it helps speed up everything, others say it's useless on horsecart and elephant.
B ) Alpaca Robe: I've heard that it stacks with G15 outfits, and also that it doesn't stack at all.
C)Fleet feet and other movement speed shoes: same issue with March Song, I'm not sure if they work with the cart and the elephant.
D) Total profit: there seems to be no metric telling you how many ducats you made. I've heard you always make exactly as much ducats as you do gold from a run. Is this true?

Any information would be very appreciated.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 2, 2020
    A) only helps for backpack and handcart, ditto for demi-god and so probably (C) as well, but THAT I'm not sure of.

D) The number given is the per unit profit; blue is negative. Per unit profit times total number of units moved is your total profit. If you are ranking commerce mastery, you can break your load into several lots and sell each in-turn, rather than the whole thing at once. If done right you can get several credits, toward ranking the skill, when selling this way.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I've been reading guides and getting help from friends, but have been getting a lot of conflicting information about the following:
    A) March song: Some people say it helps speed up everything, others say it's useless on horsecart and elephant.
    B ) Alpaca Robe: I've heard that it stacks with G15 outfits, and also that it doesn't stack at all.
    C)Fleet feet and other movement speed shoes: same issue with March Song, I'm not sure if they work with the cart and the elephant.
    D) Total profit: there seems to be no metric telling you how many ducats you made. I've heard you always make exactly as much ducats as you do gold from a run. Is this true?

From https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Rydian/Speed

I measured the walk cycle of the elephant commerce mount at a high FPS (~120).

Nothing: (8.275-9.000) 0.725 seconds.
    Fleet Feet: (10.383-11.050) 0.667 seconds.
    Alpaca Robe: (8.617-9.217) 0.600 seconds.
    Commerce Level 17: (8.008-8.483) 0.475 seconds.
    Combining them...

17+Fleet: (5.758-6.192) 0.434 seconds.
    17+Robe: (4.400-4.875) 0.475 seconds.
    17+Fleet+Robe: (15.125-15.558) 0.433 seconds.
    So Fleet Feet are about 10% here, the robe is about 19-20%, commerce level 17 is about 52-53%, and the alpaca robe does not actually stack with the reforge.

I didn't bother with March Song or Shylock or other buff combinations because they don't work on the commerce mount anyways.
  • The_BiggestThe_Biggest
    Mabinogi Rep: 200

From https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Rydian/Speed

I measured the walk cycle of the elephant commerce mount at a high FPS (~120).

Nothing: (8.275-9.000) 0.725 seconds.
    Fleet Feet: (10.383-11.050) 0.667 seconds.
    Alpaca Robe: (8.617-9.217) 0.600 seconds.
    Commerce Level 17: (8.008-8.483) 0.475 seconds.
    Combining them...

17+Fleet: (5.758-6.192) 0.434 seconds.
    17+Robe: (4.400-4.875) 0.475 seconds.
    17+Fleet+Robe: (15.125-15.558) 0.433 seconds.
    So Fleet Feet are about 10% here, the robe is about 19-20%, commerce level 17 is about 52-53%, and the alpaca robe does not actually stack with the reforge.

I didn't bother with March Song or Shylock or other buff combinations because they don't work on the commerce mount anyways.

Now that's good info. Thank you!