Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cannot use Furnaces

RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Bugs and Glitches
Been trying to figure out why Furnaces and Old Furnaces aren't working for me. When I click on it, it says "device cannot be used".

Comments

• EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    You need to activate the furnace first.

For the ones in Bangor, talk to Sion.
  • RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
    edited February 11, 2021
    And what if I already activated the furnaces? Like I said, both the Old Furnaces in Vales and the regular Furnaces in Bangor give the same error. Give my money to Sion and I still got the error. And I get the same error trying to use an Anvil too.
  • RampantspeakerRampantspeaker
    Here I have a screenshot of my hands bare. I paid Sion to turn on the Furnace. I click on the Furnace, and I get an error message.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h5nxPQL1qqtGi3rgMV1mGPKb9TP74VeN/view?usp=sharing
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Do you have the refining skill?
  • DasnerDasner
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I can't get the furnaces to work either. My hands are empty, both slots in I and II. I have the iron. I talked to Elen about the part-time job. I activated the furnace. The refine skill is grayed out on every single one I try. I always get the message: This device cannot be used. I seriously don't know what to do. Can anybody help?
  • DasnerDasner
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I figured it out! You have to go to the Beginner Class Board in Tir Chonaill and let Master Tin teach you. That can help you activate the blacksmithing skills, like mining, metallurgy, refining, etc. I hope this helps.