Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Expedition: Which Pets?

MaysarMaysar
Mabinogi Rep: 710
in General Chat
As I do, I've been gone for a long time and recently came back to the inclusion of Pet Expeditions. I really like the addition, buuuut i'm a little lost. What pets count for the expeditions? I have one of the old holiday bears(the polar bear with the red hat and weird lanky legs) and he's not showing up in the menu with the pets I can send out.

I dont see it on the wiki, so does anyone know? if I bought a pet from the store now, would they be able to do expeditions?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Ghost and crab pets might be essential in leveling up.
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    Also please note that sometimes, those expeditions have level requirements. Sometimes, they also have specific pet requirements (such as needing "inanimate objects" like flying carpets or vehicles, or specifically requiring a penguin) and if the pets don't meet the criteria, they won't show up at all :)
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Maysar wrote: »
    As I do, I've been gone for a long time and recently came back to the inclusion of Pet Expeditions. I really like the addition, buuuut i'm a little lost. What pets count for the expeditions?
    Most do; any with the typing in the Pet Information window should be able to. I know some can't, but idk the criteria for that; I imagine it's primarily temporary pets.
    I have one of the old holiday bears(the polar bear with the red hat and weird lanky legs) and he's not showing up in the menu with the pets I can send out.
    Expeditions have level req's; your bear very likely counts as a expeditionable pet, but may not be a high enough level.

I dont see it on the wiki, so does anyone know? if I bought a pet from the store now, would they be able to do expeditions?
    Yes, once again considering level caps or the inability for some pets to participate

As far as covering all your bases via having a pet of each type at the appropriate level, I made a spreadsheet for that explicit purpose.

Interesting to note that even though all my pets are now L200, some will still give a higher % for completing a mission, even if it has the exact same types as another. Dunno what factors are there; maybe age.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Maysar wrote: »
    As I do, I've been gone for a long time and recently came back to the inclusion of Pet Expeditions. I really like the addition, buuuut i'm a little lost. What pets count for the expeditions?
    Most do; any with the typing in the Pet Information window should be able to. I know some can't, but idk the criteria for that; I imagine it's primarily temporary pets.
    I have one of the old holiday bears(the polar bear with the red hat and weird lanky legs) and he's not showing up in the menu with the pets I can send out.
    Expeditions have level req's; your bear very likely counts as a expeditionable pet, but may not be a high enough level.

Yes, once again considering level caps or the inability for some pets to participate

As far as covering all your bases via having a pet of each type at the appropriate level, I made a spreadsheet for that explicit purpose.

Interesting to note that even though all my pets are now L200, some will still give a higher % for completing a mission, even if it has the exact same types as another. Dunno what factors are there; maybe age.

The pet's stats are considered in the percentage. Also, although it wouldn't affect pets of the same type, I have noticed at least twice that there can be hidden disadvantagous pets (eg. mission required a large - dragon was -1 chevron, food truck was +3)