Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dunb Difference Now & Then

NekoLilyNekoLily
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
in General Chat
I remember when you would easily forget that there was still people with Mabinogi Sounds on (Instrument, BGM, Sound Effect) and you would start spamming the Buff Musics in the middle of Dunbarton.

Now we have Jam Sessions just near the shops, nobody complaining and everyone sincerely enjoying the music.

Aside the sometime freezed music, I really think it as a great innovation for the whole community: I could see people interact a lot more with everyone without only having afk people (yeah yeah, commerce channel, but still). How do you see this difference?
RuzukiKryo

Comments

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    I initially thought this was a thread about our missing lamp-post in dunby. I still miss it.

It's a nice change for musicians to just go out and play music with anyone coming in to join. You have to take into consideration that a music scroll that works well with any instrument or just personal musical discretion to not use electric guitar/etc on some songs might become new musician mabi etiquette.
    Kryo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    andrewngn13

I initially thought this was a thread about our missing lamp-post in dunby. I still miss it.
    Dunby mentioning such a thing ever again on these forums. It is too painful. That lamp post was the light of world.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Blissfulkill

andrewngn13

Dunby mentioning such a thing ever again on these forums. It is too painful. That lamp post was the light of world.
    Yeah....not sure why they haven't revamped the whole town in general. I really hated the fact when Irias was introduced that Dunby became the main warping point for continent warp. They should allow Tir/Dunby/Port Cobb/Bangor to be the main warp points and allow a change once every 24 hrs or so. This way it reduces the traffic people have warping around especially when there is so much foot traffic in dunby itself.

As for the music spamming in dunby....That was literally everywhere you went people would spam music all over and overlay each others. Then they started making Spastic music scrolls that really hurt the ears. I think I could forget those days....or wish i could forget the horrors of mabinogi.

• TelmesTelmes
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    edited December 17, 2016
    Honestly, I love the change that Freestyle Jam brought. I haven't seen this many bards in Dunby, several days in a row at that, in quite a long time. I'd like to think that it's really helping people to come together and interact with each other easier.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Telmes
    Telmes said:

Honestly, I love the change that Freestyle Jam brought. I haven't seen this many bards in Dunby, several days in a row at that, in quite a long time. I'd like to think that it's really helping people to come together and interact with each other easier.
    I've run into groups doing the freestyle in many places over many channels now. I've even had to stop and listen as some of the songs were very good.
    Telmes
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Telmes
    Telmes said:

I've run into groups doing the freestyle in many places over many channels now. I've even had to stop and listen as some of the songs were very good.
    It's fun to jump in, and when you get the right instruments together, it really does sound good. Although listening to multiple instruments at once that don't really go together can be very funny to watch as you participate.
    AlshianTelmes
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Darkpixie99

Ktty
    Ktty said:

Telmes
    Telmes said:

It's fun to jump in, and when you get the right instruments together, it really does sound good. Although listening to multiple instruments at once that don't really go together can be very funny to watch as you participate.
    hehe yea xD
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I was thinking this would be a thread about Dunbarton of Generation 1 and onwards.

But I suppose you're right. There's jams everywhere now. WHo uses Party Jams anymore?
    Blissfulkill

andrewngn13

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Personally I have never forgotten (default god I hate the default music) auto play/people spamming buffs as I blacklist every single one of them. I got a decent blacklist size right now as I've been a bit lazy in removing them as of late as half the times I take one off next time I'm in dunby they still spamming it...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I think i got addicted to Freestyle Jam. Bad timing tho. Need to spam Samhain event for coins.
    TelmesHelsa