Check out the patch notes for the June 10th update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/67158/patch-notes-june-10-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATE] Notice for Netherlands Players

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 20,745
Posts: 1,443
Member, Administrator, Nexon
edited May 17 in Notices
In order to comply with regulations in the Netherlands, Nexon America will be implementing rules to the Cash Shop that will only affect players accessing the game’s Cash Shop from the Netherlands.

Effective May 21, 2021, the following changes will be applied for players who access the game from the Netherlands:

  • Except for the items listed below, all other items can still be purchased through the in-game Web Shop and on the Mabinogi website.
  • The following items will no longer be available for purchase and will not be visible in the Web Shop:
  • Items categorized as Gachapon which include the limited-time Gachapons, the permanent Eweca Orb Gachapon (1) and (11), and the Fixed Dye Gachapon.
(Any of these items purchased prior to May 21, 2021 can still be used after this date.)

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes our Dutch Players.

-The Mabinogi Team

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,090
    Posts: 8,368
    Member
    How many nails do we have left?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,010
    Posts: 4,132
    Member
    It's the European Union that's driving this; Nexon has to comply. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either. Probably, Dutch players can get around this with a VPN. It might be the case though that accounts created in the Netherlands will be seen as Dutch even if it happens to log in from a non-Dutch IP. On the other hand, using a VPN to create an account that is apparently, say, in the United States to make cash shop purchases and then transfer the items to the primary account could be a work-around, since most of these items can be sold via the Auction House, meaning that they are transferable. As for non-transferable items, as far as I know, there are no EU regulations against making them so (hint hint).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,090
    Posts: 8,368
    Member
    edited May 15
    Helsa wrote: »
    It's the European Union that's driving this; Nexon has to comply. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either. Probably, Dutch players can get around this with a VPN. It might be the case though that accounts created in the Netherlands will be seen as Dutch even if it happens to log in from a non-Dutch IP. On the other hand, using a VPN to create an account that is apparently, say, in the United States to make cash shop purchases and then transfer the items to the primary account could be a work-around, since most of these items can be sold via the Auction House, meaning that they are transferable. As for non-transferable items, as far as I know, there are no EU regulations against making them so (hint hint).

    Yeah everyone can get around it using a VPN. The only problem is if you were dumb enough to say what banned country you were from because Nexon keeps that on file and uses it in their systems. So basically blocked from billing countries would have to create a whole new account using VPN and then do gacha that way or provide proof that you now reside within a US territory to the staff.

    I know this because when I helped push the case for Ukraine we were exploring a lot of different alternative solutions (for purposes of restoring communication) in case NA was unable to come through. Thankfully they came through though. :joy:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,010
    Posts: 4,132
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote:
    Helsa wrote:
    It's the European Union that's driving this; Nexon has to comply. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either. Probably, Dutch players can get around this with a VPN. It might be the case though that accounts created in the Netherlands will be seen as Dutch even if it happens to log in from a non-Dutch IP. On the other hand, using a VPN to create an account that is apparently, say, in the United States to make cash shop purchases and then transfer the items to the primary account could be a work-around, since most of these items can be sold via the Auction House, meaning that they are transferable. As for non-transferable items, as far as I know, there are no EU regulations against making them so (hint hint).

    Yeah everyone can get around it using a VPN. The only problem is if you were dumb enough to say what banned country you were from because Nexon keeps that on file and uses it in their systems. So basically blocked from billing countries would have to create a whole new account using VPN and then do gacha that way or provide proof that you now reside within a US territory to the staff.

    I know this because when I helped push the case for Ukraine we were exploring a lot of different alternative solutions (for purposes of restoring communication) in case NA was unable to come through. Thankfully they came through though. :joy:

    Caught ya skimmin' the text! :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,090
    Posts: 8,368
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote:
    Helsa wrote:
    It's the European Union that's driving this; Nexon has to comply. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either. Probably, Dutch players can get around this with a VPN. It might be the case though that accounts created in the Netherlands will be seen as Dutch even if it happens to log in from a non-Dutch IP. On the other hand, using a VPN to create an account that is apparently, say, in the United States to make cash shop purchases and then transfer the items to the primary account could be a work-around, since most of these items can be sold via the Auction House, meaning that they are transferable. As for non-transferable items, as far as I know, there are no EU regulations against making them so (hint hint).

    Yeah everyone can get around it using a VPN. The only problem is if you were dumb enough to say what banned country you were from because Nexon keeps that on file and uses it in their systems. So basically blocked from billing countries would have to create a whole new account using VPN and then do gacha that way or provide proof that you now reside within a US territory to the staff.

    I know this because when I helped push the case for Ukraine we were exploring a lot of different alternative solutions (for purposes of restoring communication) in case NA was unable to come through. Thankfully they came through though. :joy:

    Caught ya skimmin' the text! :)

    Efficiency.
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Posts: 5
    Member
    so i cant never buy them anymore fugging netherlands why do they need to ruin those things for us. i never use vpn to exspensive,
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,090
    Posts: 8,368
    Member
    arlie1987 wrote: »
    so i cant never buy them anymore fugging netherlands why do they need to ruin those things for us. i never use vpn to exspensive,

    There's free easy to use ones out there.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460
    Posts: 65
    Member
    I just want to know. Reforges are random effect that give power boosts and tend to be Just as bad as Gacha. I am surprised those are not restricted as well.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,090
    Posts: 8,368
    Member
    edited May 25
    Falmosta wrote: »
    I just want to know. Reforges are random effect that give power boosts and tend to be Just as bad as Gacha. I am surprised those are not restricted as well.

    Oh good for you that you pointed that out.