Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reforge Comp for p2w, but you paid gald :

TenrainTenrain
Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
edited June 17, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello, I've noticed a few times that there has been a reforge compensation event for players which is great, but not for everyone. From what I've seen happening is the players who "paid" for the reforges receive compensation, but what about the players who pay gold in game to buy them? Essentially the players who are buying and reselling their reforges with irl money are making double profit, with the gold and the compensated reforges they get back. The players who are free to play should also have the opportunity to take a part in this compensation as well, because we all know how much of a grind it is to earn every piece of gald.

Edit: I don't have any proof, but I did buy a fair amount of reforges with gald (200m+) which weren't refunded o.o I spent a bunch in order to finish my sets in the past year and I was only refunded the 30 I bought through the cash shop, nothing from the gald.
Mottleyp
  1. Should there be some kind of a reforge compensation for both parties?4 votes
    1. yay
       50% (2 votes)
    2. nay
       50% (2 votes)
    3. what's a reforge
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited June 17, 2021
    So, you're suggesting that people who bought the reforges from sellers using in-game currency should receive compensation in some form? We already get tools back, if we used paid Reforging Tools. That does include buying paid reforges from other sellers with gold.

Regardless, I don't see the problem here regarding NX buyers "making double profit;" is this supposed to be a bad thing? Why? Because they're getting more stuff and we're not getting more stuff? You know that means they can supply us with more reforges (probably even cheaper) and reforged gear, right?

Strongly against this suggestion, until some clarification is made as to what is supposedly lost and, after that, how we are undercompensated or not compensated.

EDIT: [verification of a point I made in the post]
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    This would involve additional record keeping and making new code just to give some folks free stuff. I appreciate the optics of how unfair it seems to the final owners but I can't see Nexon wanting to bother when they have no obligation, except to the original real-world purchaser and that obligation has been met.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited June 18, 2021
    To be honest, I think this is just a greed-driven attempt to exploit Nexon's generosity: an excuse to try and get more for nothing when we already got free reforging tools equal to what we used -- not even just NX-bought, so you get out of this exactly what you put into it -- and a huge package full of NX shop items, all of it for literally just existing in the game.

I'm just saying... What else do you guys want, man? :joy:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I'm just saying... What else do you guys want, man? :joy:

I can't speak for them but I'd like this XD
    red-win-button-picture-id1208917862?k=6&m=1208917862&s=170667a&w=0&h=PwXjEtdMb2uEwnv5JZs8CB-T1CVA0cN6snOJ0hG33a4=
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It's only for the paid ta win? But I didn't and haven't paid for reforge tools through any method in the time frame mentioned, yet still received compensation: 5 free reforge tools!

All reforge tools I have used or received in the past year or so purely came from events, which tells me I was compensated for something I didn't even pay for. I found it a nice gesture, personally.